[24] Latter

The bases are being abandoned and only when a member has a body are they to head into one and start a meeting. Or they could ship the body to Pein but who knows where the man will be hiding.

Which will be Sasori, Deidara and Kagami first. They have been travelling for three days and Sasori has spent every night on night duty as he doesn't need to sleep. Deidara offered to take night duty but Sasori would just call him a brat and tell him to go to sleep.

Sasori didn't want to do night watch, but he can't trust Deidara to not pull something on Kagami. He is eighteen and Kagami is almost fifteen so the age gap isn't that large which may be why Deidara gravitates towards her and wants her attention, but Sasori can tell that Kagami doesn't want to give him attention and definitely doesn't want his attention.

So Sasori sat next to Kagami's sleeping area every night and watched out for the blonde's wandering eyes. Kagami would wake up sometimes if an animal made too much noise and would look up at Sasori, making sure he is still around. She would thank him before going back to sleep.

Now, they are a day to Suna and are stuck travelling through the desert, which Deidara seems to be very upset about. Kagami pays no mind to the heat. She thought ahead and wore shorts and a t-shirt under her cloak so she wouldn't overheat in the sun.

She has spent her time walking behind Sasori and making sure no one is tailing them. They have begun to move slower as Sasori has moved into one of his puppets, Hiruko.

Kagami hates Hiruko with a passion.

Sasori has gone from a protective red-head to an angry hunched-over man who growls at Deidara's every complaint.

"Kami, it's hot, un," Deidara says for probably the hundredth time.

"We are in the desert," Kagami replies, sick of the man's complaining.

"Oh, you finally spoke, Kagami-chan un," Deidara says, turning around and smiling.

"Sasori-danna, I'm going to have to change my appearance so they don't know my identity. If they do it will cause us problems." Kagami says, ignoring the blonde.

Said blonde doesn't like this very much and a tick appears on his head, his lip sticking out irritably.

"Why is that?" Sasori asks, his eyes gliding towards the girl creepily.

"As I didn't defect from the Hidden Leaf there are still people who . . . have attachments to me." Kagami chooses her words wisely. "As the Kazekage is friends with people from the Leaf, if word gets out of my involvement, they will come after us not only to retrieve the Kazekage but also me. Making our just unnecessarily harder."

Sasori nods to her, agreeing with her reasoning. Deidara on the other hand has a different point of view on the situation.

"But Kagami-chan, wouldn't you want them to see you? Un, prove that you are loyal to the Akatsuki?" He asks, leaning towards the girl.

"I don't need to prove I am loyal to the Akatsuki." Kagami snaps, looking up at the boy.

"Hm?" Deidara narrows his eyes, "why is that, un?"

Kagami looks away from the boy, "The fact that I haven't killed you yet is enough."

Sasori smirks from under his puppet.

"You don't want to kill me Kagami-chan!" The blonde cheers.

"I want to disembowel you and feed your conscious body to a group of k-nins," Kagami says, no emotion in her voice.

Deidara stays silent as the girl moves away from him and to the other side of Sasori. She brings her hand up and mumbles to herself, a puff of smoke going off.