[36] Splatter

Hidan's mask and necklace fall to the ground, the fire having burnt them enough to detach them from his body. He stands there, his body turned to black and white, calling on his power from Jashin to keep him immortal during this fight.

'So he is intimidated by them?' Kagami wonders.

The four Nin are on the Akatsuki member quickly once again, piercing his body with every weapon at their disposal to end his life. Kagami watches silently as Hidan's head rolls to the side, laying a couple of meters away from his now fallen body.

"We did it," Kotetsu mumbles, looking back as a panting Shikamaru.

The teenager kneels to the ground, exhausted from the extensive use of his Kekki Genkai.

"Shikamaru!" His comrade calls to him, turning around completely.

"We did it," Shikamaru huffs, looking at the decapitated body in front of him.

'No, you haven't done it.' Kagami stares at them, hoping they will just disappear, hopefully taking Hidan's head with them, that will be all they need.

A dead member and one to interrogate, and they only have to fight one.

"If you wanted help you should have said so sooner," Kakuzu's deep voice reverberates as it calls out to Hidan's head.

"You were too slow, Kakuzu you bastard! You did that on purpose didn't you?!" Hidan continues to run his mouth while being nothing but a head.

Typical.

The four Leaf Nin turn to him in shock, verbal noises leaving their throats.

"You were the one that told me to butt out at the beginning," Kakuzu growls, his green eyes glaring down at his partner.

The older man is very aware of Kagami's body lying beneath the rubble behind him, but as she is incapacitated at the moment, thanks to his said partner, he knows better than to draw attention to her. Everyone is under strict orders to make sure no one from the Leaf hinds out about Kagami's involvement with the Akatsuki, as it will only cause more problems than it will solve.

He looks down at the head. "So are you really in any position to complain?"

Kagami can hear the warning in his voice, once again causing the never ending pit of dread in her stomach to become stronger.

Hidan groans slightly, realising that he is, indeed just a head. His eyes dart around, looking at the enemy around him before landing on his body that is between the two parties. Asuma continues to stare at the head, his mouth dropping open slightly, in shock or fear Kagami cannot tell from where she is.

'Yua this is only going to get worse.' Kagami calls, the urgency returning to her voice.

Yua has given up on answering the girl, it will only cause more dispute between them as well as high levels of unnecessary stress added onto the already stressful situation.

"Well, I did order you to hold back. But that wasn't because I was trying to make a fool of you or disrespect you. Well, never mind about that. Anyway, bring my body over here." Hidan almost begs, worry starting to leak into his voice.

'Disgusting, paralysing you and then when he is in the same situation he is begging and crying. If these incompetent Leaf Nin don't kill him I will.' Yua growls, her voice raising considerable as more chakra starts to flow around Kagami's body.

"Kakuzu . . ." Hidan whines, "Will you bring my body . . ? C'mon Kazaku-chan, buddy!"

Kakuzu disappears from Kagami's sight, reappearing right next to Hidan's head. She curses, now that Kakuzu has the head he is more likely to leave and abandon her here under the debris.