[26] War

Kagami has spent two days breathing her way through the ritual. She almost fell asleep at one point and ended up just getting smacked in the face by Masaru. But her health and strength has started to deteriorate from the constant use of chakra.

She has kept herself in good shape the entire time but her body has started to hurt even now and then, a throbbing behind her eyes and a sense of not knowing where she is has started to take over in the last few hours.

Kagami has said anything about it, as she isn't sure how long she needs to hang on until they are finished. They could only be an hour away, so causing a fuss would be unnecessary. But just as Kagami thinks it is over it continues on.

"Yua," Masaru mumbles, catching the attention of the woman. "Her eyes."

Yua glances at Kagami, and sure enough, a trail of blood drips from the girl's right eye like a tear. She curses under her breath, making the members on the other fingers look towards her. She steps off the finger, a clone of herself appearing in her place and continuing the ritual.

"Kagami, don't open your eyes," Yua mumbles, grabbing the girl's face and flushing chakra through Kagami in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

"An enemy is nearing this hideout." Zetsu breaks the silence.

"An enemy, you said?" Deidara looks towards him.

"And a highly skilled one at that," Zetsu mumbles, "his name is Might Guy."

"Who's that?" Pein asks, looking around at all his members.

"A Leaf Jonin Ninja who uses Taijutsu," Itachi looks to his leader. "He's one clever operator. Don't underestimate him."

Kisame smirks. "Ah . . . that freak beast, huh?"

"His team is smart," Kagami mumbles. "They are some of the hardest trained."

Pein glances around. "We will use that Jutsu . . ."

"In that case, I'll go. I was getting irritated for not having any luck finding a Jinchuriki." Hidan's magenta orbs glide over to look at Kisame.

"No, I'll go. I have something of a personal quarrel with him, you see . . " Kisame completely ignores the look of annoyance coming from the silver-haired man.

"You're right. That Jutsu is more suited for someone like you." Pein instructs. "Among the Akatsuki, you are more heavily loaded with chakra, Kisame."

Kagami shifts in pain as she feels what feels like hot tears pouring down her face. Yua curses again as blood trickles down the girls face.

"Yes, even so, I'll take 30 percent of your chakra."

Kagami gasps loudly as searing pain goes through her eyes. She crouches over and holds onto them.

"I'm done here," Yua's double mumbles, looking down at Gaara. "My chakra will continue to assist, but you don't need me."

"Take Kagami to assist Kisame," Pein looks to the woman. "She knows them well."

Yua's double disappears just as a soft yell comes from Kagami, Sasori and Deidara turning to look at her. This catches Itachi's attention. Yua disappears into Kagami's body once again, immediately giving relief to the girl.

'Kagami stands up but don't open your eyes.' Yua instructs, her voice slowly reverting back tot he motherly one she used on the girl for many years.

Kagami nods and pushes herself up the wall and stands, her fingers knotting into Masaru's coat so he can guide her. The wolf moves slowly for her, trying not to make it obvious that she is currently wounded.