[28] Hurt

"Where do you think you're sitting?"

Deidara grins at Naruto's loud outburst, loving the fact that he is getting a rise out of the boy.

"Hmph, no doubt about it, he's the Jinchuriki." Deidara looks up at the boy. "'The first one to yell and scream at you,' huh? Itachi's pretty good at describing people."

Kagami slowly makes her way out of the dark, moving into view and over to her two partners. She avoids Sasori, who is making deep eye contact with the old lady from before. She squats down next to Deidara, not taking her eyes off Naruto, unlike Deidara who looks to the side at her.

"Decided to finally join me?" He asks cockily.

"If the Jinchuriki touches you with Kyuubi's chakra, you will die." She mumbles, standing up once again.

"Gaara!" Naruto yells to the dead Kazekage.

"It's time I took my leave," Kagami mumbles, not wanting to stick around for whatever happens next. "I'll be waiting outside."

"Hmph, you will be missing the fun."

"I hate fun."

s.c.r.e.a.m.

"Oh, Kagami, you're back." Shisui watches the little girl walk down the deserted corridor.

She has just finished a mission and is on her way back to her shared room. Shisui knows that she will clean up, get changed and then walk out again, suing her closeness to Itachi to get out of the base and sit on the roof.

Kagami likes to watch the stars, and Itachi always lets her out.

Kagami doesn't reply, which is the first thing that makes Shisui suspicious. No matter the time, Kagami makes sure to reply to Shisui, a way to show her appreciation of him taking care of her.

The second thing is the light tapping on the concrete, a noise that Shisui hears all too often. It's the sound of blood dripping off a Ninja's body and onto the floor. He can see it too, bloody sliding off her masked chin and onto the floor.

"Kagami, are you okay?" He asks softly, looking around the corridor for signs of life before bending down to her height.

"My eyes got injured." She mumbles, tilting her head up to the boy. "I think."

"You think?" Shisui asks, his eyebrows furrowing.

Kagami nods, "I don't remember getting hit but they really hurt."

"Okay, let me have a look." Shisui bends down to the five-year-old's height, slipping her mask off her face.

Shisui knows the Kagami is very vigilant and would be aware if something hit her. That or she couldn't see the attack, like a gas attack or something similar. He wouldn't be surprised if something of the sort took place, Kagami isn't aware of everything that happens in the world, so she may have not known to avoid smoke.

Kagami opens her eyes to the boy, looking up at him slowly. Shisui's eyes go wide as he stares at them. Blood is slowly dripping from her eyes at a slow steady pace, which is the only thing that is really worrying the girl.

Although her eyes are hurting quite a bit, her eyesight doesn't seem compromised at the moment, so it must be a slow moving attack as she has been. Shisui will be the decider of that. The said boy is staring at her eyes, his hands holding her cheeks and wiping the blood from them as it trickles into his hands.

"Okay Kagami, you have been hurt," Shisui finally finds his voice. "Your eyesight won't be any different at the moment, but it will start affecting you soon."