[8] Indeed

Kagami sits silently under a tree just off the outskirts of the village, the sun blazing down around her. She is waiting for Itachi or Kisame to find her. She got the bad end of the straw from Tadashi.

He asked her to either come back to Konoha before anyone big notices she is in the Akatsuki or to never come back.

She chose the latter.

Because of her decision, Tadashi who is a former Anbu, tied the girl up to the base of the tree and placed all of her weapons just out of her reach. Sure she would use Yua or Masaru to help herself but neither of them are complying at the moment.

'You know I don't like any of this, Kagami,' Yua says.

'You can work this one out yourself,' Masaru turns away from the connection, making it harder to get his attention.

Kagami grits her teeth and glares at her hands, annoyed by pretty much everything happening to her at the moment.

'Well maybe if you weren't arguing all the time I wouldn't be in this state,' she bites back, aiming it towards her guardian.

'Excuse me? Don't get into something you don't understand.'

As soon as Yua says it, she regrets it. She shouldn't have said that, because know that she has, Kagami knows there is something she isn't telling her.

'What?' Kagami narrows her yees as if she is facing the woman.

But Yua stays silent, she doesn't say a single thing but she doesn't cut the connection either. Kagami cuts it off herself and looks around, trying to think of something that may help her in this situation.

She's angry. Not only at the people around her but also at the fact that she was stupid enough to get caught. She let her guard down and now not only has she walked into a trap in the village, she got touched by a drunkard and toed to a tree by her former teammate.

She let herself be caught by Tadashi and then forced into this situation. She really has let herself go, without the constant training and people at her she has lowered her standard in fighting. Maybe she should piss of Hidan and get in the fight her.

She huffs and gets her feet underneath herself, standing up against the tree. She places her hands on the tree and pulses chakra into it, overflowing the tree and making it explode. Kagami closes her eyes and curls forward a little, trying to avoid the splinters.

She picks up all her weapons and pouches, strapping them on and glaring as she does. She turns around to go back to the hotel but instead comes face to face with the one and only Itachi Uchiha.

She jerks back slightly, surprised by his sudden presence. She curses to herself internally, she really needs to work on some things. Being in a genin group dropped her down the ranks already, and now once again she is. She believes it is because they are waiting until she can prove herself before putting resources into her.

Itachi stands over her, his eyes softer than before.

"Kagami you are hurt." He says, reaching up to touch a small cut on her face.

She jerks backwards, surprising both herself and Itachi. She lowers her eyes to the ground, looking at their feet.

"Sorry," she mumbles before walking forward, avoiding him.

Itachi watches her pass him, his eyes narrowed.

'Taking care of her is a lot harder than Sasuke was,' he reaches out and grabs her shoulder.