[2] Immortal

"That's right, you can't kill me." Hidan smirks, leaning dangerously close to Kagami's face.

The girl stares at him blankly, not showing any reaction to his advances. He scoffs and pushes away from her.

"You probably don't understand shit anyway." He says loud and clear for the girl to hear.

But, as she was taught for many years, Kagami once again doesn't react. She just stands stock still in her spot and closes her eyes again, knowing Kakuzu will be done soon. She can feel him moving towards the entrance and she isn't about to be murdered by Hidan.

She pushes off the wall in sync with Kakuzu walking out. The older man narrows his eyes as he glances between the two, being able to tell there is more tension than when he left.

"What did you do, Hidan?"

The man gasps, "I didn't do shit! Ask the bitch!"

Kakuzu turns to Kagami, who just answers him with a flat stare. He sighs and moves forward. "If we are fast, we will make it back before nightfall."

Kagami nods and buttons up her cloak, getting ready to move quickly. Hidan just lets out a groan and snaps his neck to the side, making it crack.

"Everyones always in a fucking hurry." He mumbles to himself before sprinting forward, knowing the route back to the base like the back of his hand, Kakuzu had dragged him along enough times.

Kagami stays back and waits for Kakuzu to move, knowing she will easily get lost in the dark if they don't make it back in time.

"C'mon, kid." Kakuzu sprints off, Kagami following close behind.

s.c.r.e.a.m.

"I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU." Hidan swings his scythe dangerously at the girl as she enters the base, interrupting the 'nightly dinner without Pain or Konan.'

Kagami ducks again, easily dodging before shooting forward and standing silently behind Itachi, who is trying to peacefully eat his dinner with Kisame.

"I bet you will, molester," Kagami says statically.

Kisame chokes on his food while Itachi's grip tightens on his cup. Both the men turn their gazes to the silver-haired man.

"I didn't even touch you!" He yells from across the room.

"It would be disgusting if you did."

Hidan's entire face drops for a second before he realises what just happened. She is being smart with him.

"You think you're funny kid," he points his weapon at her, "It won't be funny when I sacrifice you to Jashin in your sleep."

"No can do, sir." Kisame smiles at the man, "Kagami is currently as immortal as you."

Everyone turns to the man when he says this.

"What the fuck do you mean?" Hidan grumbles.

"You should read the newspaper once in a while." Kisame places it on the table.

Sitting on the front page is none other than Kagami herself. A photo of her in her Root uniform, next to Itachi. Danzo stands in the back, arms crossed.

'Konoha reveals Assassin's Shadow as Kagami Hatake, an elite kunoichi who recently defected.'

Kagami stares at it for a second before making hand signs. Itachi watches her closely as a clone appears next to them. Kagami pushes her Danzo up against the wall before body flickering to the back of the room.