[39] Shikamaru

"I hope you are still alive, bitch, I need you for Jashin-sama," Hidan calls over his shoulder, glancing down at the girl he is dragging along the floor.

Kagami doesn't reply. She is indeed still alive but she isn't sure for how long. Yua has been out of her body for a while and her best guess is that like Masaru, she's having trouble finding her. Or the Guardian has run into a complication, which Kagami can't think would last long.

"Leave her Hidan, she might kill you," Kakuzu replies.

"Kill me? I'm had my head sewed back on shit-head," Hidan growls, not caring how he harms Kagami as he arcs up against his partner.

The said girl sucks in a deep breath as her head smacks against the ground painfully. After her little outburst the poison set in again and she can bearly, at least until Yua gets back. That or its the sheer amount of damage that her body has taken from Hidan. One thing that the Root was good at was torture, getting her body ready for times like these, so she can't feel the pain.

But it never really works well in the strength department. She is still as wounded as anybody else, she just knows how to deal with the pain. The real hurting will start when she tries to move herself when she needs to get away or start avoiding attacks.

Kagami isn't about to just let Hidan kill her.

No, she has to die dramatically at the hands of someone important to her.

Or of old age.

But nothing else is allowed.

Kakuzu looks around, constantly vigilant of his surroundings, especially since his partner is carrying a practical corpse around. A corpse worth a lot of money.

s.c.r.e.a.m.

Shikamaru lays in same the room, staring at the ceiling. He had cried for what seemed like hours after his father left and has nothing left in him. The entire room is covered in the Shogi pieces that he had thrown as his father pushed him too far.

One piece slips off another and clicked loudly against the floor, earning the boy's attention. He turns his head to look at the piece, eyes hurting slightly. He stares at the piece for a moment, a tear running down the side of his face before pushing himself up and off the ground.

He crawls over to the pile and softly picks up the piece, being gentle with it, as if apologising for sending it flying into the wall. He sits up, crossing his legs lazily in front of himself and staring at the rest of the pieces on the floor.

With tired eyes he one by one picks up the pieces, placing them down on the ground in front of him as if setting up a game of Shogi with the wall as his opponent. As more and more pieces are set down into place Shikamaru's eyes widen.

His hand freezes bove the pieces, gazing down on them. A sudden determination takes over the boy's face, his eyes hardening. He snatches the Shogi board up, placing upright. He scoops up the tiles from the floor, tapping them down on the board in front of him, setting up the fight.

He starts to move them from their default positions, as he does the two Akatsuki members he faced flashed into his mind, how they fought, what they did together, their weaknesses and strengths.

'Hidan,' he taps a tile on another piece.

'Kakuzu,' three against one.

He continues to move the tiles around, his eyes surveying every move possible on the board. He grunts as he scrunches some of the tiles into his fist, losing the battle. His eyes flash with the image of his Sensei, practically dead on the rooftop, Kagami, being held against another man.