[21] Kagami

"You obliterated the side of the forest," Pein looks over his desk at Kagami, who is standing quietly across the room from him, scared he will kill her.

"I didn't expect the Jutsu to work on the first go." Kagami says, looking her leader in the eyes.

"So," Pein says. "You didn't expect yourself to be so advanced. You were being modest."

Kagami makes a weird face, "Yes, Leader-sama."

Pein just stares at her for a moment longer, eyes narrowed at her. Kagami suddenly notices a second chakra in the room, another person listening in. She looks towards the wall slowly, Pein noticing this.

"Are you expecting?" Kagami asks.

"Go, Hatake, next time I'll let Hidan have you."

Kagami nods and leaves quickly, knowing that her discovery is the only reason she isn't knee deep in her own shit at the moment. She sighs and heads towards the kitchen. No one else is awake, so whoever comes out will be doing so to talk to her.

She sits at the kitchen table and places her head on it, sighing loudly. She doesn't know if she can make it through years like this. Unless she decides to just revert herself back to the Root mentality.

"Masaru, any letters today?" She asks into the table.

"No, but . . ." Masaru mumbles under the table, knowing Kagami will know what he means.

"Okay, want to go for a walk?" She asks, knowing that someone will be listening in.

Her job is harder when everyone is in the base but since Pein needs everyone in check for their next big 'step' everyone is around, all day everyday.

"Yes," Masaru stands up and walks towards the entrance, Kagami slowly following after him.

s.c.r.e.a.m.

"No one is suspicious yet," she mumbles to the Hokage. "But they might become suspicious if Konohagakure nin don't start dying."

"So that was intended?" Tsunade says, looking pleased with the girl and how she has managed to pull off that stunt without raising suspicion.

"You are lucky I was the only one around, if another member was close I wouldn't have had a choice." Kagami says, pressing herself against the wall. "The only new information that I have is we will be commencing the next step soon. I'm not aware of it yet, but it will be happening within the next month or so."

"You do know, you just won't tell me." Tsunade says, leaning towards the girl.

"I know that we will be split up, moving in partners or groups of three rather than as a powerhouse. The base will be obliterated and will no longer have a meeting place other than wherever our Leader is when he needs us." Kagami says, proving she still doesn't quite know what they will be doing. "We are looking for something, I'm just unaware of what."

"Hm," Tsunade knits her hands together in front of herself and nods. "Is there anything else?"

Kagami contemplates whether she should mention Sasuke to her, if she does she will know that they are in contact. If she doesn't he is someone she can go to if all fails and she never gets back into Konoha.

Which is a high possibility.

"Itachi Uchiha," Kagami mumbles, making Tsunade's eyes narrow slightly. "Look, look for files on Itachi Uchiha."

"I have all the files I need to know about Itachi Uchiha." Tsunade says, not understanding what Kagami is trying to say.

Kagami shakes her head, "Root. Find Root files." She pulls her sleeve up, "look for this number."