[29] Ahead

Kagami watches them swarm around the Kazekage's corpse. She has been sitting here for hours waiting for them to come. Everyone that has past her she has let go, she hasn't stopped a single person.

Now, she needs to make an impact without anyone finding her.

'Yua, give the old last chakra.'

'It will hurt you.'

'Do it.' Kagami knows of Yua's moral compass, but she wants to bypass it just this once.

'Okay,' Yua covers Kagami in a silver chakra, blocking out any view of the girl.

Kagami jumps up the tree branches and makes her way to the top. She has one shot at this and if she misses then it's all over.

Kagami won't forget that Gaara did once have the intention to kill her. He was ready to end her life because he has met her during the Chunin Exams. Yet, something in her forgave the boy a long time ago. More important things happened after that incident that shows the heaviness of other situation.

She appears around Lady Chiyo and Gaara, many gasps coming from the surrounding crowd. Lady Chiyo snaps to Kagami, ready to snap the girl in half if she attempts to take the Kazekage away from his people once again.

Kagami lightly shakes her head and pulls her hat off, holding the bell in her hand tightly so it doesn't ring. Lady Chiyo's eyes go wide when he looks at Kagami's face, her eyes recognising the face in front of her from the newspapers.

"I'm here to help," she mumbles, not wanting anyone to hear her voice, "I can't keep you live. But I can help Gaara."

"Why would you want to do such a thing?" The older woman asks, eyes narrowing in suspicion.

Kagami unbuttons the top of her cloak, revealing the necklace around her neck. She pulls it up and shows the lady, the letters engraved into the metal plate shining in the light refracting off the chakra shield.

"I understand that your son was killed by my father," Kagami mumbles, using the knowledge of her father's scrolls to help her. "I own you a life."

Kagami is grateful that she spent hours reading up about her father after Kakashi explained the bare minimum to her. She didn't want to press her brother for information that is so personal to him, so she took matters into her own hands and went around through public mission archives.

The name Lady Chiyo pulled at her mind because she read of her in the files, which has come back to slowly while watching the woman try to bring Gaara back from her grandson.

Kagami is unaware of Sasori's current status, but she is starting to think that the death she wished upon Deidara was brought down on the redhead.

"Why would you show yourself to me?" Chiyo asks, still unsure whether Kagami is on her side or not.

"You are going to die," Kagami's tone is cold, but still matter of fact. "Now I am in trouble at the moment, so I would like to hurry you."

Chiyo continues to stare at Kagami for a moment before nodding to herself and turning back to Gaara.

"All I need is some chakra assistance, do not overdo yourself, Hatake."

Kagami nods to her and places her hands lightly on the old woman's back.

"Lady Chiyo! Are you okay?!" A voice shouts through the shield.

"I am fine, this is part of the jutsu, please step back." The old woman replies, looking down at Gaara. "Please assist me now."

"Hai," Kagami mutters lightly, pouring chakra from her hands and into the old woman for her to use.