[7] Scarce

Kagami was already in her 'bed' when the two partners got back to the room. Both of them stopping in their tracks and staying motionless for a few moments to determine whether the girl is actually asleep or not.

She doesn't move or make a reaction when they walk in, she just lays on the floor with her eyes closed. Kisame takes a cautious step into the room as if the girl is about to spring up and gnaw his leg off. Itachi stays back, waiting for his partner to be taken by Kagami's rage by collateral damage.

When Kagami still doesn't react Kisame bends down to look at her.

"Hm? She's actually asleep, Itachi-san." Kisame says, looking up to his partner.

The Uchiha nods and enters quickly, closing the door and heading to his bed. Of course, he wanted to sleep on the floor so Kagamiw ould get the bed, but if she is already on the floor there is no point in just leaving the bed empty. Unless . . . . he moves her onto the bed.

He looks from the girl to the bed and back to the girl. Kisame follows his gaze and looks at his partner like he is crazy. Itachi looks to the bed again before shaking his head. Touching a girl, especially Kagami, in their sleep is not good. Taboo and against the moral rights of everyone on the planet, it is best to leave her sleeping on the floor.

Or is it?

s.c.r.e.a.m.

"Why are we leaving?" Kagami asks Kisame as he packs up.

"Because we have the information we need." He replies, sitting down on his bed.

"We haven't seen Orochimaru, we don't have any information." She sits up and crosses her arms.

"We have the Uchiha boy," Kisame holds up a finger, "people chasing you around," he puts another finger up, "and the guy you killed yesterday said 'Orochimaru-sama.' That's three points." Kisame crosses his arms as well and leans against the wall, waiting for Itachi to get out of the toilet so he can convince Kagami instead.

"But we haven't seen him." Kagami insists, sticking up for herself with words, unlike in Konoha when she just threatened to kill the person who disagreed with her.

"We don't need to see him." Kisame grunts and closes his eyes.

Kagami ignores him and stands up slowly, the sheets slipping from her frame as she does. Kisame looks at her wearily, eyeing her from the bed. Itachi comes out of the bathroom, immediately looking to Kagami, who is filling her ninja pouch with kunai from around the room.

"Where are you going?" he asks the girl, narrowing his eyes at her.

"Nowhere," Kagami replies, clipping the pouch to her leg and walking toward the door.

Itachi moves towards her, prepared to stop her from leaving, but Kagami is quicker. She moves faster than usual and is out the door by the time Itachi makes it to it. He stares at the door handle, his hand outstretched to it and narrows his eyes.

Kisame sighs and dramatically falls back onto the bed. He just wants to hurry up and leave, he gets that he and Itachi have annoyed her. She did warn them and they didn't listen which almost jeopardised the mission at hand, but she is new to the Akatsuki and acting up is going to get her anywhere.

So he thinks.

Kagami walks slowly through the worn out streets once again. This time she has noticed that she isn't being surveilled by anybody, they might be looking into the deaths so they are short on shinobi.

Kagami just needs one glimpse of the man, she doesn't want to speak to him or to come into contact with him. She doesn't even want to come into contact with any of his lackeys, she just needs to see him or a sign that one-hundred per cent proves he is here.