Page 16

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too," I said.

"I made something for you. But I'll give it to you when we get back." I nodded and we finished our drinks and snacks. We went back to the hotel room and Blake smiled. "Okay. Close your eyes and sit on the bed."

"Can I even trust you?" I asked.

"I'm your boyfriend. Yes! You can trust me. I promise it's nothing alive."

"Okay. Good." I closed my eyes and sat on the bed.

"No peeking."

"I'm not. Hurry up."

"Okay. Here," something was set in my hands and it felt like paper. "Read it out loud." There was a piece of paper which was a letter. Some of the words were replaced by candy or gum.

(A/N: The bolded words are the candy or gum)

"I wanted to show you my appreciation by giving you 100 grand but the money slipped through my Butterfinger. It was not Payday so I could not give you a shopping Spree in New York. I thought about an Orbit around the Milky Way but that would cost Extra so just take a Fast Break and enjoy your card. I hope it doesn't make you Rolover and get Chunky. If it does, I promise not to Snicker. From your Nerd, Blake," I read out loud.

"Like it?" Blake asked.

"That's so sweet... And I'm not about to get chunky, Blakey!" I said and he laughed.

"I know, I know." I got up and gave him a hug.

"Thanks," I whispered.

"Mh-Hm," he kissed the top of my head. "I'm not done with random gifts. I have something else. Some more stuff. But I have to give one to you when we get home. Sit back down." I did and closed my eyes. "Hands out." I did and a box was set on my hands. I opened my eyes and Blake helped me open the box since I struggled to cut the packaging tape. I opened the box and there was a glass bottle shaped like a heart inside. In the heart, there were a bunch of pills. "They're called love pills. Inside each one is a reason why I love you or something I love about you. Open one." I picked the first one and opened it. "They're custom too."

"'I love when you act like a child.' Yeah, that describes me." Blake stayed standing while I was sitting, and hugged me.

"You like it?"

"Yeah! It's cute. And it's really thoughtful."

"What do I get in return?" He asked and I blinked.

"I really only have my virginity left," I said.

"Oh, shit," Blake laughed. "Really?"

"No," I scoffed.

"Well, I was kidding anyway. You never have to give me anything but kisses and love and time. And I also occasionally ask for you to watch movies I want. I ask that now!" Blake decided and laid down.

"Okay. What are we watching?" I asked. He put on a horror movie and I had managed to make my way behind him through the movie. I was really scared and knew there would be a jump scare. "No. No. No. No," I said. I shoved my face into my knees and Blake paused the movie. He gently pulled me out from behind him and I tensed. "No. No! No!"

"Shh. I got you," he said and pulled me onto his lap. He put two protective arms around me and continued the move. I only peeked up a couple times just to get scared again and jump a little. "I think that was a great movie," Blake said when it ended.

"No!" I yelled. "That was not a great fucking movie!" I hit him with a pillow multiple times. "I fucking hated it!" I hit him and he laughed.

"I liked it."

"I didn't!" I said. Blake sat up and I hit him in the face with the pillow. He fell back again and snickered.

"Are you just gonna keep hitting me?" He asked.

"Yes!" I hit him and he grabbed the pillow, throwing it aside. There was a knock at the door and Blake sighed, getting up. He opened the door and Bryce let himself in.

"We're going skiing! Get ready," Bryce said.

"It's almost night," I said.

"Exactly. It's more fun."

"What if one of us gets buried in the snow because of your idiotic ass?" I asked.

"I'm not gonna start an avalanche, Skylar. Don't worry. We don't want any of your pretty hair turning white," Bryce said.

"Blake?" I asked.

"Let's go," Blake said. We got ready and went up the mountain with everyone. We went skiing for a few days and then headed back.

"When will you give me what you wanted to give me?" I asked Blake when we finished putting our clothes away.

"Now," he said after I set the love pills on my dresser. "Sit." I sat on the bed and closed my eyes. Something light was placed in my hands and I opened my eyes to find little envelopes. They each had a circumstance to open them. For example, one would say 'Open when you're sad.' There was one that told me to open now. Inside was a letter. I read it to myself and nearly melted.

Dear Sky,
I've been with you for a while and at the start of our encounter, I was a dick. I'm really sorry about that, but we put it past up and you forgave me. I'm really thankful for that because we wouldn't be where we are right now if you hadn't. You let me stay at your place with my idiot friends and you been with me through my highs and lows. I think you're really special and I love you, so I will make a promise to you.
Love,
Blakey Blake

"What promise are you gonna make?" I asked and Blake got on one knee.

"Skylar," Blake said. "You read the letter. I really love you. And we're both still young, so instead of proposing, I'm gonna make you a promise. I promise that we will be by each other's side until we're old enough to actually get married. So this is a promise ring that you'll hold onto until we're ready. Do you take it?"

The End