Page 2

"It's working. Sit down," Mr. Gray said and I sighed. I sat and was bored out out my mind.

"I have a life! Let me get to it!" I said.

"I have a life too."

"Then if you let me go, we can both go live them." He shook his head, glaring at me and I rolled my eyes. I spent an hour there doing nothing until he let me go. I went the next day and it was the same. I took my time on my homework so I wasn't just sitting around. Mr. Gray took my phone and held onto it until the end of detention each day. The third day wasn't so bad. I brought fruit snacks with me and was chilling. Mr. Gray watched me and I offered him a pack. He took it and scrolled through his phone. "I'm so used to seeing you with no shirt on," I shrugged.

"Well now that I'm in a school, I'm required to wear a shirt," he said.

"Remember Adriana? She's a big flirt and acts a lot," I said.

"And I should believe you because?"

"Here," I held out my pinkey. "I promise I'm not the bully. I'm popular, but not a bully. But if someone hurts me or is rude to me, I will hold a grudge. She's just rude so that's why I shouldered her." He hooked pinkies with me and I smiled. I went to class the next day and was eating gummy bears when my teacher got mad.

"That has gelatine! From pigs!" Mrs. Flake yelled. "Go to Mr. Gray!" I took my bag and she called Mr. Gray. "Yes, Mr. Gray. I'm sending a student down for misbehaving." I went down to his office and he sighed.

"What did you do now?" Mr. Gray asked.

"I was eating gummy bears in front of my vegan teacher," I said and sat down. He laughed and sighed.

"Stop doing that! She's so annoying!"

"At least I get to skip class." Mr. Gray shook his head and went to type on his computer.

"You can just start on homework or something," he said. I took out my binder and started working on Trig. Math came easy for me so I was always in an honors class. I finished as the bell rang for lunch. "You can go."

"I dont have a lunch."

"Then get school lunch."

"They have expired milk... From last year."

"Ew. Then go to wherever you need to go."

"Can I stay here? I'll be quiet and do my work."

"I guess." I finished my homework and then went to my next class after lunch.

"See you after school, Mr. Gray," I said and left. I went to the hall and ran into Caden. "Hey. Can we talk?" I asked.

"Yeah. I need to talk to you, too," he said and we walked to the side.

"I was just thinking that we maybe aren't working out. You're busy with football and I'm just busy with nothing," I said.

"I was thinking the same thing. And we were great friends before we started dating. Maybe we should just go back to that."

"Yeah. As long as you don't date anyone from Adriana's group."

"And you don't date anyone from Geovani's group," Caden smiled and we both nodded. "Okay. We should get to class." He hugged me and we went to our classes. I went to Mr. Gray after school and sat down to do my work.

"Hey, Mr. Gray. How was your day?" I asked and pulled out my homework.

"It was fine. Why are you talking to me like we're friends?" He asked.

"Right. Professional." I went quiet and finished homework. I hid my phone so he wouldn't take it and pulled out my computer to do work.

"You have to carry around a computer?" Mr. Gray asked and I stayed quiet. He sighed and I finished my work an hour later. The sun was setting early and I packed my bag. I left without saying bye and he came after me. "Skylar."

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Bye."

"Bye." I went home and I had gotten a ride from Cece this morning so I had to walk home. I was walking when Adriana suddenly stepped forward. She and her group decided to push me around.

The next day, I got to school and immediately went to Me. Gray. He looked at me and I broke down crying. He came over and hugged me.

"Come on. Sit down," he said and led me to a chair. I wiped my tears and he sat in his chair. "What's wrong?"

"I-I was walking home yesterday and Adriana and her group decided to attack me and took my phone and break it. And then they physically pushed me around and stuff."

"I'll talk to her. Take a minute and calm down then head to class," Mr. Gray said and I went to class. After a while, I was called back down to Mr. Gray's office. I sat and he looked me in the eyes. "She said you're lying. She said you started the fight and were pulling her hair and threw the first punch."

"I didn't."

"I believe her. The other day, you pushed her around. Who knows if you'd go and do it again? You have another week of detention. Go to class."

"But-" I started.

"Out." I left and came across Adriana in the hall.

"Bold move talking to the councelor. But you made a mistake hurting me in front of him. One more step out of line and I'll tell the whole school about your parents," she said and shoved me into a locker, walking into her class. I just slid to the floor and started crying. Mr. Gray walked out and saw me, trying to come over but I stood and walked away.

"Skylar!" He yelled.

"Leave me alone. No matter what I say, you'll just believe her. Never me. So what's the point in even coming to talk to you?" I shook my head and calmed down, going to class.