Ch. 30: Lightly Contaminated

Outside the clinic, a pair of familiar individuals had just arrived at the street across. Upon closer inspection, they turn out to be none other than Elain Sparks and Miyu Dokugami, both members of the Xypher.

"So... is this the place...?" Said Elain. "This dinky little clinic at the corner of the street?"

"I-I think so..." Miyu replied. "The signal I'm getting from the GPS leads to the clinic..."

"Heh, looks like you actually do serve your purpose once in a while." Said Elain. "Well then... it's time for me to shine!"

"Wait...!" Miyu replied. "Don't you have a plan or something?"

"Bah, who needs plans? With our PSI-Powers, we could just eliminate those bozos willy-nilly." Said Elain. "With my Lightbringer and your Impurer, we're practically unstoppable!"

"Umm... you do know our targets use PSI too, right...?" Miyu replied.

In frustration, Elain grabs Miyu by the collar and snarls.

"Listen to me, you little bitch. Your constant whining and bitching is getting on my nerves, you know that?!" Said Elain. "Now, keep that pie hole of yours shut and just follow my lead. Don't question anything I do, capiche?!"

Terrified by Elain's sudden fury, Miyu nods reluctantly. Elain then sets Miyu free from his grasp.

"Hmm... it seems it's not closing time yet." Said Elain. "Let's go already."

Miyu nods as the two of them walk closer to the clinic door. Dr. Naoko, who was about to close the doors, noticed the two and decides to check on them.

"Umm... Is there anythi-" Said Dr. Naoko.

Music: "Lit Up" by Blindspott (Blindspott; 2003)

However, before she was able to finish her sentence, Elain proceeds to create a bright flash of light that blinds her, which causes her to crumple down on the ground and as the light particles from Elain continue to burn her retinas.

"AAGH! My eyes...!" Shouted Dr. Naoko.

Without uttering another word, Elain and Miyu proceed to break into Dr. Naoko's clinic, but not before Elain punting Dr. Naoko's head toward the door to ensure she is knocked out.

"Nothing personal, Miss." Said Elain, shrugging rather nonchalantly. "You just happened to get in my way."

-Dr. Naoko's Clinic 9:50 PM-

Upon entering the clinic, Elain and Miyu immediately look all around the place to see if anyone else was inside.

"Dokugami, do you see anyone around there?" Said Elain.

"Nothing..." Miyu replied.

"Hmm... Still. We must've alerted some of the people in here..." Said Elain.

Suddenly, as Elain looks to the floor, he notices a peculiar shadow that's closing in around him. Immediately, Elain leaps out of the shadow's way.

"Tch... don't be a coward, sonny boy!" Said Elain. "Come out here! Or are you too scared to face me head on?"

Out of the shadows, Shiki suddenly appears in front of Elain and Miyu.

"Oh, so you saw right through me..." Said Shiki. "Well then, prepare yourself!"

Elain then proceeds to lunge toward Shiki, only for Shiki to fade away from his sight. Shiki then reappears behind him and proceeds to grab him, but Elain reverses his grab and pins Shiki onto the wall. He prepares to attack Shiki, when all of a sudden...