Ch. 11: Raging Thunderstorms

After an encounter with a mysterious girl and an angry restaurant manager, the Mugen gang stumble upon Denji Akashi, a powerful Irregular teenager possessing a PSI-Power similar to Kouya's, who seemed to have a connection with Kouya and his past.

Denji wasted no time insulting Kouya's amateurish ability, calling him such things as "reckless" and "way out of his league". Enraged, Kouya, determined to make Denji eat his own words. decided to challenge Denji to a mano-a-mano, to which Denji responds...

"Well, I'm feeling a little generous today." Said Denji. "So I'm accepting your challenge, just for today."

Denji suddenly teleports to a farther distance using lightspeed.

"But believe me... it'd end just the same as it did before." Said Denji. "Kouya Kaminari..."

Music: "Killin' Me" by Drowning Pool (Desensitized; 2004)

"I'm not the same person as before..." Said Kouya. "This time, I WILL succeed on taking you down! Denji Akashi!"

"Now, LET'S FIGHT!" Kouya continued.

Kouya and Denji then proceed to run toward each other in full speed. As soon as both of them were in melee distance, they wasted no time, and immediately launched a flurry of quick strikes, with one countering the other with their lightning-fast reflexes.

Eventually, Denji was able to hit Kouya with a knee to the gut, which he follows with an uppercut that sends him up the air. Denji then uses lightspeed to teleport himself toward Kouya's direction. However, before he could deal the last blow, Kouya catches Denji's arm and slams him down the ground, after which Kouya lands on the ground with both feet.

"Tch... you've definitely improved your style, Kaminari..." Said Denji, struggling to get up after the attack. "But! That's still far from what I'm truly capable of!"

Denji then proceeds to raise his hand. Suddenly, a spear of lightning forms from Denji's hand, surprising Kouya.

"What the...?! Is that... the Volta Spear?!" Kouya thought. "But... his stance is... No... there's no way...!"

Denji then smirks as he prepares to throw the spear of lightning toward Kouya's direction.

"Chew on this!" Said Denji. "CRIMSON SPRITE HARPOON!"

Kouya narrowly dodges Denji's Crimson Sprite Harpoon using his lightspeed, but still ends up getting struck on his right leg, temporarily stunning him.

"I'm not finished yet!" Said Denji.

With Kouya's movement limited severely, Denji runs up toward Kouya's direction with red bolts of lightning coating his hands. He then leaps up to the air and pulls of a superman punch with his electric-imbued hands.

However, before he was able to land a hit, Kouya then unleashes Mugen Voltage, shielding himself with a surrounding barrier of several lightning bolts of pure electricity, electrocuting Denji and sending Denji flying away.

"Heh! How'd you like that, Denji?" Said Kouya. "That was my 'Mugen Voltage'!"

Denji slowly gets up from Kouya's attack. Meanwhile, Risa and the others observe the fight from a distance.

"Yo, Kouya isn't looking too hot back there..." Said Rock. "Hey, Risa. What do you think? Risa?"

Meanwhile, Risa was deep in her inner thoughts.

"You can do it, Kouya..." Risa thought. "Please... you can win this fight!"

Rock takes notice.