Ch. 10: A Shocking Encounter

SUNDAY
-Streets 11:25 AM-

Typical Sunday morning in Shin-Majima. The Mugen gang walked around the streets alongside their newest member, Shiki Kurokage. Kouya, Risa and Rock were talking about their usual interests, whereas Shiki stayed rather silent, staying rather distant from his friends. Kouya takes notice and decides to ask.

"Umm... Shiki? Is something the matter?" Said Kouya.

Shiki didn't reply. Risa notices Shiki's detachment and decides to ask Kouya.

"Is something wrong, Kouya?" Said Risa.

"Maybe he's just not used to having friends at the moment." Kouya replied. "That, or he has issues that he doesn't wanna talk about."

"Either way, I don't think we should butt in any further, lest it might get worse." Kouya continued. "I do wonder what goes on in his mind though..."

However, that thought was interrupted when Kouya heard a scream of a woman coming from nearby.

"What's going on?" Said Risa.

"I dunno. We should probably check it out." Kouya replied.

Risa nods in agreement as they follow Kouya's lead and head closer to where all the commotion was going on. Rock soon follows, leaving Shiki behind, who then follows Kouya's lead last.

Eventually, Kouya and the rest came across a young teenage girl getting forcibly kicked out of a restaurant by management.

"There's no room for people like you in here." Said the manager. "Now scram!"

"But I just wanna dine and have fun... Can't you let me in?" The girl replied. "I promise I won't dine and dash!"

"Can't you read the damn sign?!" Said the manager, pointing at a sign stating 'No Irregulars Allowed'.

"Why? What's wrong with me being... an Irregular?" The girl replied, on the verge of tears.

"What's wrong, you ask? Well, let me tell you." Said the manager. "Because you irregular scoundrels scare off my  customers!"

"You and your strange powers do nothing but stir up trouble in my restaurant!" The manager continued. "I can't make money with you mongrels around! Now leave!"

"But..." The girl replied, sobbing.

"If you don't leave, I'm throwing you out myself!" Said the manager, agitated.

The manager then proceeded to grab the sobbing girl by the collar. The girl tries to grab on the manager's arms, hopefully to  escape from his grasp, but what happened next wasn't something the manager was expecting at all.

As soon as her hands grab ahold of the manager's arms, the clothing from his long-sleeved polo shirt proceeded to rot away... which was then followed by the skin of his arm rotting as well, causing the manager to scream out in pain.

The girl was utterly shocked when she saw what she had done to the manager, and tried to apologize.

"I-I'm so sorry, mister-" Said the girl.

"GET OUT OF THIS PLACE! NOW!!" The manager replied. "DON'T COME BACK HERE ANY LONGER!"

"B-But-" Said the girl.

"I SAID NOW!!" The manager replied. "Leave before I kill you right here, right-"

At that point, Kouya and the rest of Mugen proceed to step in.

"Hey! You over there." Said Kouya. "What's going on here?"

"More of you irregular punks, huh?" The manager replied. "Guards! Take them!"