Ch. 6: Leaving a Mark

TUESDAY

Shin-Majima holds the biggest population of Irregulars in any Japanese city, so it won't be much of a surprise that a lot of Irregular youth gangs populate the city. Some are benevolent and prefer to fight with a "code of honor" of sorts, while some are malicious and actively harm the people in Shin-Majima.

It's been days since the formal formation of the MUGEN gang. However, Kouya and the rest have yet to let their presence be known amongst the denizens of Shin-Majima. And considering how many gangs of Irregulars populate the city, it won't be an easy task for the fledgling gang

Fortunately, with summer vacation just having begun, Kouya, Risa and Rock all have more than enough time to poke around, hire new members and leave their mark throughout the whole town.

-Kouya's Shed 9:12 AM-

Having spent most of his childhood as an orphaned street urchin, Kouya doesn't live in a house with any blood relatives. His current resting place is a shed near the back of Yumekobo High School, which he shares with the school janitor and caretaker, as well as his adoptive father of sorts, Osamu Harada.

The small shed is simple and compact, yet spacious enough for at least 6 people. There are a handful of amenities inside, most of which he shares with Osamu, as well as a some stuff that Kouya bought with his own allowance through part-time jobs, such as a mini flatscreen TV and a game console, specifically, the Playcast-X.

After a long, exhausting day, Kouya sleeps on the lower bunk bed near the corner of the room. Now that another day has risen, it's time yet again for Kouya to wake up and rise from bed.

Kouya's alarm clock begins to ring. A drowsy Kouya then proceeds to turn it off, before sitting up. He then yawns, rubs his eyes and leaves the bed, heading straight to the to bathroom to take care of his hygiene.

After getting dressed, the next thing he did was to fetch some toast for breakfast and check on his phone, when suddenly, he heard a voice from behind.

"So I heard you've been making some new friends recently, Kouya?" Said a male voice.

The voice turned out to be that of Old Man Osamu, who had just finished sweeping outside.

"Ah, there you are, Old Man Osamu." Said Kouya.

"Just make sure these friends aren't a bad influence, OK?" Osamu replied. "I'd really like to meet your friends someday."

"Oh? Uh... Haha. Sure, why not?" Said Kouya. "Maybe I could invite them here."

Kouya then saw that he had a handful of messages from Risa and Rock. He quickly gets up from the table in a hurry.

"Shoot! I didn't notice the time." Said Kouya. "I better get going now, see ya later, Old Man Osamu."

"See ya!" Osamu replied.

As Kouya leaves the place, Osamu watches from behind with a smile on his face.

"They grow up so fast, don't they..." Osamu thought.

-Streets 9:38 AM-

Kouya eventually met up with Risa and Rock in the middle of the streets of Shin-Majima.

"Hey, guys! Sorry I was late, I was-" Said Kouya.

Having lost her patience during the wait, Risa greets Kouya by pinching his left ear.

"OWW!! What the-" Said Kouya.

"Mind explaining to me why you're almost an hour late, HUH?!" Risa replied, visibly fuming.