Ch. 22: What "Mugen" Is All About

When arriving home from a sudden ambush by R.E.D.'s agents, Kouya and the rest of Mugen end up encountering more of R.E.D.'s flunkies, including an Iro who's been brainwashed by the company's agents. Eventually, Iro was defeated and knocked unconscious. The Mugen gang start to question who was responsible for Iro's corruption, to which Shisui replies.

"... It's them..." Said Shisui.

"What?" Risa replied.

Shisui steps forward.

"R.E.D." Said Shisui. "They implanted a 'Crawler' inside her. I'm sure of it."

"What? A 'Crawler'?" Risa replied.

"It's a device made by R.E.D., Looks like a mechanical centipede, and about as small as one as well." Said Shisui. "It burrows through any of the orifices in your body. Once it's inside, it sends rouge signals through the nervous system, causing your brain to-"

"Nggh! Enough! Just cut to the chase already." Rock replied. "Your descriptions are giving me the heebie-jeebies!"

"It's a robotic worm that brainwashes its host." Said Shisui. "Plain and simple."

"Then, that means..." Risa replied.

"Yeah. The girl over there must have had a Crawler implanted inside her." Said Shisui. "I could tell just by first glance..."

"You guys take care of Kouya. I'll go check on the girl." Shisui continued.

Risa nods, as the rest of Mugen tend to Kouya's wounds. Meanwhile, Shisui walks toward the unconscious Iro, and starts inspecting her.

"Now, where could that crawler be...?" Shisui thought.

Shisui closely observed Iro's body for any signs of Crawler entry. She poked around various parts of her body for any clues Eventually, Shisui ends up finding a strange moving lump on Iro's belly.

"There you are." Shisui thought.

Shisui immediately creates a thread of string from her fingers and lets it enter Iro's belly button, in an attempt to fish the Crawler out of Iro's body.

Iro began gasping and moaning lightly, as she starts to sense various strange sensations. Inside her body, Shisui's string was digging itself through the depths of her belly button, eventually reaching the tiny hole on the bottom of her belly button. The string enters the hole, leading deeper into Iro's body.

Eventually, Shisui felt the Crawler's body touch the tips of her string. Shisui wasted no time and immediately commands the string to wrap itself all over the Crawler, before pulling on the string as hard as she could, so as to force the Crawler out of Iro's body.

It took a couple more tugs and pulls, but Shisui was eventually successful in pulling the Crawler out of Iro's body. The instant the Crawler had been pulled out from Iro's navel, Shisui slams the device down the ground as hard as she could before stomping on it, ensuring that it will no longer affect anyone else.

At that point, Iro slowly regains consciousness. She immediately sits up and clutches her head.

"Ugh... where am I...?" Said Iro.

"Looks like you've regained control of yourself." Shisui replied.

Iro looks up and saw the pale-skinned teenager staring toward her.

"Who... are you?" Said Iro.

"Let's just say, I'm a friend of your friend." Shisui replied.

"A friend of my..." Said Iro. "Kou-chan...? Where's Kou-chan?"