12- Magic and Chickens?

Sorry for taking so long to write this. A new semester started in school and I was getting super busy. Anyway, enjoy!

The next morning, I wake again to the rooster. I am still exhausted, but my body hardly aches anymore. I suppose my body used all of my sleeping energy to heal.

I stretch and sit up. I don't feel like doing any work, but I know that it's best if I do some.

Harvey charged me a lot of gold for my surgery and for staying at the clinic. I don't think I'll ever be able to afford getting hurt again. I wonder if he charged me extra since I didn't really respond to his flirting...? Is that legal?

I put on a fresh pair of jeans and leave my hair flowing drown my back to cover up my stitches on my neck. I throw on a white, long sleeve button up top since it's still kind of chilly out. My boots give me trouble, but once I finally get them on, I head out the door to my mailbox. There's two letters inside. The pollen floats throughout the air and I sneeze. Why are the pollen bits so... chunky?

One letter is from Lewis. Tomorrow there's an Egg Festival in town. I don't know what all an Egg Festival includes (How does one celebrate eggs?), but there's a mention of an egg hunt at the bottom of the letter.

The second envelope, however, is blue, just like the one I got about the Rat Problem. I gulp and tear it open carefully.

It's from the wizard, and so Leah was right, after all. He wants me to visit his tower. I shudder, spooked.

Today's Friday and I plan on getting some chickens, but other than that, my options are open. I... suppose I shall visit the wizard.

I stick the letters in my backpack and begin tending to my crops. Most are ready to harvest, and so I pick them carefully and put them in the shipping bin. They're not that good looking. Their quality is subpar. I water the rest of the crops that need it and replant the crops I've pulled. It's just about the middle of the season, so I should really look into getting some more seeds.

I scratch Dust behind the ears and fill his water bowl. He brushes up against my legs and his little body vibrates as he purrs.

Re-lacing my boots that became loose while I worked, I start heading down towards Marnie's ranch. I do a little hop and try to click my heels. Chicken time chicken time!

I push through the bushes, attempting to avoid anything sharp. I enter Cindersap forest.

The sunlight reflects off the water of the pond and the soft crash off the river against the rocks is soothing in some way. I almost have to hold my hands up to block the blinding light from leaving spots in my eyes. Adjusting to the light, I watch the sun bounce upon the gentle ripples. It's pretty.

Turning left, I approach Marnie's shop and push open the door.

Marnie seems to be busy organizing something behind the counter. She doesn't notice me enter. In the kitchen, I see Shane at the microwave. I go over to him.

"Hey Shane," I say, as to not startle him.

He doesn't look at me, but says, still staring into the microwave that hums, "Do you want a slice of pizza? I think I'm heating up too much."

I laugh a bit. He looks at me from the side of his eye, and I stop and cough as though I was just coughing all along. "Yeah, I--" I look down at my watch. "It's like, nine in the morning, but sure, I'll take a slice." The microwave beeps. Shane presses the button to pop open the microwave and takes the plate out. He turns around to put it on the table, and as he does, his eyes meet mine. I watch them dip down to the stitches in my cheek, then back to the pizza.