22- Begone, part 2

3rd Person POV

Sebastian walks through the middle of the town; he hadn't meant to leave Francesca alone for so long in the cabin by herself, but he figured he'd stop by Pierre's and maybe pick up something little to eat. He was sure Francesca would be fine on her own for an hour or two, even though he meant to be gone for a half hour max.

As he walks out of Pierre's he sees a frantic Emily walking towards him. Her eyebrows are scrunched and her eyes are wide; Sebastian's heart drops.

"What is it?" He asks quickly. Emily's eyes water, although she's trying to stay calm.

"Something is wrong, we need to go now," She pushes past him, and he follows her, nearly running.

His heart throbs as they run to the cabin.

Once they're at the front of it, they stop.

The door is wide open.

"No," Sebastian whispers. Finding her house empty was all too familiar to him. He thinks that maybe if he'd just move in for good that he could watch over her better.

Emily walks up the stairs, and reluctantly, Sebastian follows, guilt smacking him directly in the chest.

The kitchen table chair has a broken leg and there's glass shards everywhere. Sebastian holds the wall to steady himself.

This is my fault. I should have never left, he thinks.

Emily looks around calmly, surveying the area. She can feel the guilt radiating off of Sebastian, so she turns to him.

Instead of just seeing Sebastian, she looks out the door; Leah stands there with Elliott, and Leah throws a hand over her mouth as Elliott gasps.

Elliott falls to his knees, and Leah nearly screams. Sebastian turns to them, his heart heavy, and tears begin to stream out of Leah's eyes.

"How could you leave her!" Leah exclaims, rushing toward Sebastian. He steps back, his face pale.

"Leah." Elliott grabs her arm but she shakes him off, and points a trembling finger in Sebastian's face.

"You LEFT her! You knew that awful man was here, and you left her!" She shouts, gasping through her sobs.

"I- I know, I'm sorry-" Sebastian whispers, but Leah slaps him, straight across the face. His hand flies to it as it stings.

"Leah!" Elliott shouts, pulling her back. She doesn't fight back, allowing herself to be pulled.

"You're SORRY? We don't know where she is, she's hurt, gone, with HIM, and you're sorry?" Leah cries, falling into Elliott's arms.

Emily allowed Leah to be upset because she was upset with Sebastian, too, and let Leah take out her anger enough for the both of them. Once Leah is contained, she steps forward, and all three of the younger people look at her.

"We need to go to the wizard. He will know what to do," Emily instructs. She points to Sebastian.

"You come with me. We'll go to him--" Leah cuts her off.

"You're letting him help after he left her?" She cries, hot tears running down her face. No one in that room had seen Leah so upset before. Elliott didn't have words; all he could think of was Francesca, disheveled, on the beach.

Emily nods. "I understand you're angry, Leah, but it's time now to work together and do what we need to do to get her back. You and Elliot must gather everyone in town square and start sending out search parties. Me and Sebastian will work on helping the wizard banish James. Even if we find him, I doubt he will tell us where she is anyway. It's best to get rid of him first, and then we will keep looking for her." Leah sniffles and nods, wiping away her hot tears. Elliott, who hardly spoke, clears his throat.