4- What's in the Community Center?

A few more days have passed. I met Jas and Penny-- Jas was weary of me, and Penny was quiet. I could tell she was kind of sad. I also learned how to plant coffee beans, cauliflower, kale, beans, and other types of plants that grow in the spring. Yesterday, Jodi sent me a letter asking for a fresh cauliflower, and so today, I plan on bringing her one.

I lay in bed, thinking about all that I have to do today.

I've started noticing some weird things about this place. The rooster crows every day at exactly 6am, and if I am not in bed at 2am, I pass out wherever I am. I always wake up in my bed, and so I'm actually starting to think I am going crazy. 

Have I just been hallucinating that I am passing out by the bus and am actually going to sleep in my own bed?

I've got no idea.

Either way, things are odd. 

The fortune teller on the television is oddly accurate-- when they say I'll have extra luck, I do. I catch more fish or find more things in the ground. I've started donating to the museum, too, and collecting materials for Robin to build me a coop. I don't have nearly enough money, but I am getting there slowly. 

I look at the time: 6:30am. I really should get up. 

Meh.

It takes me a moment, but eventually I do. Before I open my door, however, I hear a knock, which makes me practically jump out of my skin. I haven't really gotten any visitors before. Cautiously, I approach the door, throwing my hair up into a lopsided and puffy bun, and open it. Marnie stands there. She holds a grey cat in her arms. 

"Hey, Marnie, what's up?" I ask her, confused. I grin instantly at the cat. I love cats.

"Hey, Fran. I found this cat up at the entrance of your farm... poor thing seems homeless. I was wondering if maybe you'd want to take her in?" She says, outstretching her arms, offering me the cat. I don't even hesitate.

"Absolutely! Thank you!" I exclaim, gathering the kitty into my arms. It meows a little bit, and I pet its head. It begins to purr. Marnie smiles softly.

"No need to thank me, I'm just the one who found her. Do you have a name for her?" She questions. I think for a moment. 

The cat is grey and white. Maybe I'll name it something that has to do with that.

"Dust," I announce. Marnie gives a hearty laugh.

"Dust, huh? I like it. You're funny, Fran," She compliments, chuckling a little. She gives the kitty a scratch under the chin.

"Alright, well, you be good little Dust. I'm gonna head home now. Stop by sometime, yeah?" She says, her voice raising a little at the end. I nod and smile down at my new kitty. Hah. Dust. Nice.

"Adios." And with that she disappears. Like, disappears. 

I put down little Dust and rub his ears. I think I am starting to lose it. I remember the way that the package just vanished after I opened it on my first day here. I've never seen anything like it.

I water my plants and stick a (finally ripe!) cauliflower in my backpack. I've tried to save up to get a bigger backpack and I am pretty close to being able to get it! I've never been so good at keeping track of my money.

I glance over my farm to make sure I didn't miss watering any plants. Once I am certain I haven't, I head off towards Jodi's. On my way, Lewis stops me at the edge of town.

"Frannie! Hey!" He exclaims, and I stop to smile at him.

"Hi, Lewis, how are you?" I respond.

"I'm good, I just wanted to show you something if you'll follow me," He says, waving me on. I nod and he starts walking up the stairs near the entrance of town, past the clinic and Pierre's. We   pass a playground and a fountain. Caroline stands under a tree. She makes eye contact with me, and just as I am about to wave, she looks away. Eep.