23- Begone, part 3; finale

3rd Person POV

"Rasmodius, what is happening? Who is that?" Emily questions as the ground begins to shake beneath her slightly.

The wizard glances at her and clears his throat. "This is a friend; Krobus. He will be essential in the banishment. This all is part of the process. We are channeling the energy we need to fulfill this banishment. Close your eyes, and no matter what you hear, do not open them. We are safe in this circle; there are some entities I must summon in order to truly ensure that that man can not return."

"Entities?" Sebastian questions, his voice strained. "Are they going to kill him?"

He looks at Krobus, who gives him a small smile. Sebastian's ears burn and he looks to the ground while the little creature looks back to the wizard.

Rasmodius laughs, and the sound is so out of place that Sebastian's eyes snap up to him.

"No, young one. They will simply aid in the... physical removal of that man. Now, each of you, close your eyes, and do not open them. This is important; keep them closed."

Emily and Sebastian close their eyes.

"Good. Now, join hands."

Despite having their eyes closed, each person in the circle easily finds the hands of their neighbor. Krobus has no hands, and so Sebastian places a hesitant hand on the little creature's head. It's surprisingly warm, and he chooses not to think about this small being any more than he has to.

"Keep your eyes closed," Rasmodius repeats, and Emily squeezes her eyes shut, forcing her curiosity to restrain itself. Sebastian's heart pounds and he can feel his pulse in the fingertips that rest atop Krobus's head.

"O Spiritus in nobis exigit, ut proferri terra salsuginis mentes virtute comparant. Et invitis spiritus in homine. Ite sacrificate uti ei aufertur," The wizard and the small creature chant. The floor rumbles more, and a thick, splitting sound groans out.

Sebastian forces his eyes closed as zombie-like moans chime out. Emily's heart begins to pound.

"Hoc si occideritis anglicus, salve! Spero bene facitis! Nunc ad fabulam!" The wizard cries out.

"Qui malus est? Qui malus est? Sicut cognoscere?" Krobus follows.

"Me paenitet: et tamdiu ut update capit!" They shout together.

The loud, zombie like groaning continues as the ground beneath their feet trembles and the sky crashes into itself. Emily shuts her eyes so tightly it nearly throbs.

********

"Oh Yoba! What is that!" Jodi cries upon hearing thunderous claps. She falls to the ground.

********

"Maru, look!" Demetrius calls to his daughter. His finger points directly to the mashing clouds above him.

Maru walks over, her eyes wide.

"Woah..." She mumbles. Demetrius only nods.

********

"You have to calm down. We are going to find her," Shane tells Sam, who's forehead hasn't lost its crease since they started looking.

Sam shakes his head. "I'm trying so hard to not be mad at Sebastian. I'm trying really, really hard."

Shane nods, and mumbles, "Yeah. I know."

********

"What a ruckus that young farmer has made!" George grumbles as the power temporarily flickers, interrupting his show. The scent of warm, melting cookies fills the air despite the zombie-like noises outside.