25- One day...

THANK YOU FOR 2.6K READS!!! AHH! If you like the story, don't forget to vote and comment! :)

FRANCESCA'S POV

I've worked a lot harder these past few days to complete bundles in the community center, growing increasingly curious as to what completing them does. I've done a lot; mainly the only bundles I've been unable to complete are the ones that I need items from winter. The ones I have finished, though, have rewarded me with useful items. I've gotten seeds, a furnace, some rings... 

I've nearly finished the pantry, the fish tank, and the boiler room. I'm only a little bit short of gold to complete the vault. 

I even got to the bottom of the mines. It was definitely terrifying, considering my accident earlier this year, but I actually ended up getting to the bottom. I found the weirdest thing at the bottom of the mines: a skull key. I don't know exactly where it goes to yet, but I'm determined to find out. It sits in my wallet now.

Otherwise, life has been uneventful. 

I've worked on my farm, visited friends, got drunk a couple times, and that's about it. I haven't seen much of Sebastian; apparently he's been really busy with work lately according to Robin. 

I know he has to like me, at least a little bit, right? He wouldn't have nearly kissed me that way if he didn't. Gah. I can't tell if I'm fooling myself. I replay it over and over in my mind, convincing myself that he was going to lean in, that he really wanted to hold me the way he did, the way I wanted him to. 

I don't even know what to say to him. 

Hey! I wanted to kiss you, too! Assuming that's what you wanted, of course, because that's what I wanted. Want, present tense, too!

Bleh.

There's still a good chance he likes Abby anyway. 

The rain hammers on the roof, snapping me out of my thoughts. It's been a hell of a month. 

At least I don't have to water my crops today. 

As I get up to go outside and tend to my animals, I hear footsteps outside and a knock. My heart drops immediately into my stomach, remembering the events of last week. My hands begin to shake and I feel tears well up in my eyes.

"Francesca?" 

It's Elliott. 

Releasing a shaky breath, I open the door. He stands there, elegant as usual, but with a glisten of dampness to his hair from the rain. He smiles at me. 

"Hi," I tell him, offering a shaky smile as well,  blinking rapidly to dry my eyes. He looks at me curiously, but clearly pretends he didn't.  

"Hello. I brought you something," He says, and then pulls out a small bag. My eyebrows furrowed, I peer inside. There's three large baguettes sitting inside, and I laugh.

"Thank you! But why?" I ask, chuckling at his gift. He smiles cheekily and I notice that he has dimples. 

He shrugs and a drop of water hits the porch with a little smack. 

"I had them and figured you would like some," Elliott explains, but then he looks to the side for a moment and then back to me. "I also just wanted to check up on you and see how you're doing. I know you prefer not to talk about it but--" 

I cut him off by shaking my head. "I'm fine, really. I'm not just saying that either. I am just letting it go and moving on. I appreciate you for coming here, though, that's sweet of you," I say, my lips turning upwards. This seems to satisfy him as he turns to leave.