19- Frozen Tear-- Almost.

The next day when I wake up, it's to the smell of eggs. Well, not really eggs, but burning, and loud swearing. For just a moment, I miss the sound of the rooster. 

I sit up, rubbing my eyes. When I open them, I see Sebastian frantically jumping up and down, holding his finger.

"What... are you doing?" I ask, still groggy from sleep. 

He looks at me and jumps, surprised. "Oh, hey, good morning, I made breakfast," Sebastian says, gesturing to the food on the stove. He frowns. "Well, I tried, anyway."

I laugh a little and run my fingers through my hair, desperately attempting to reduce any bedhead I have. Sebastian watches me.

"What?" I question. He shakes his head, something of a smile on his lips. 

"Nothing."

I get up and walk over to him, curious at his cooking. He sheepishly rubs the back of his neck.

"Usually my mom makes me food. I'm not very good at it," He tells me, his cheeks blushed. I smile at the adorable sight.

"Maybe I'll teach you, then," I tell him, grabbing eggs from my fridge. They're from my chickens and in beautiful shape.

He looks surprised. "You will? Really?"

I nod, pulling out a bowl and washing my hands. "Of course."

*********

The rest of our morning was full of laughter. I showed Sebastian the way to actually crack an egg;  upon closer inspection, I saw that the eggs he was making before were full of shells. He learned quickly and the eggs he made for me were actually not bad at all.

Once, our hands touched.

"Sheesh, Francesca, why are your hands so cold?" Sebastian laughs after jerking his hand away from our accidental touch. I feel my face blush red.

"They're always cold," I tell him, embarrassed. He smiles politely and wraps his hand around mine. They're warm.

"Here. This'll warm them up," He says, quickly, squeezing my hands, and my heart leaps up into my throat. I try to give him a smile, but the shock of his touch prevents me from showing how pleased I really am. His face turns bright red and he clears his throat, pulling his hands away from mine. My hands are flooded with cold from the absence of his heat.

"Better?" He mumbles, clearly embarrassed by his actions. Calmer now, I give him a warm, grateful smile. I can still feel his rough hands wrapped around mine even though they're gone now. 

"Better."

Shaking off the thoughts from a sudden tug on my fishing rod, I quickly try to reel in whatever's on the hook. After a moment, I pull it up; a clumped up soggy chunk of newspaper. Scrunching my nose, I stick it in my bag, intending to hold onto it until I get a recycling machine. I refresh my bait and stick it back in the water. 

We split ways a few hours ago. Sebastian told me he had to take care of some things at his house, so I decided to go fishing. So far it really hasn't been very bountiful; the spirits aren't in good humor, and now I've got proof of it. I sigh.

"Hey," a soft voice says from behind me. I turn my head. It's Penny, with Jas and Vincent. They're inspecting some kind of bug on the ground. 

"Hi, Penny, how are you?" I ask, politely. Her pink lips turn upward. 

"I'm okay. Things have been fine," She responds, watching my fishing pole. She points to it, her mouth agape. "Look!"

I turn back to the water to see a large, brightly colored fish approaching my hook. We watch, amazed, as it bites.