Chapter 23: Who?

We all sit at one of the tables in the library.

"So, what are we searching for?"

"Something that might tell us who did it."

"Why would they leave behind? I don't think they are that stupid."

"You boys are both wrongs! We're not searching for anything. Didn't I say I know everything about this library?"

"Okay, what's your point?"

"Well, I can ask the librarian to tell me which student used the computer we know they printed from. While I do that, make a list of the suspects."

I look around. Maybe if I concentrate I'd find something that could help us. When I look down at our table again, a paper was in Gremlin's hand. Where did that come from? Does he just always have papers on him?

"So, Burr and Charles Lee?" 

"I thought about it, and I'm just saying, okay? But maybe it could be... one of your friends?"

"One of my friends?! Why on earth would Laf', Hercules, or John do this? As you said, they are my friends, and I'm on good terms with them."

"I don't know, I'm aware that your friends don't like me that much, specifically Hercules and Laurens. So maybe they would? Just in case, write their name on it."

"I will not! I fully trust them to never do such things!"

"Come on, Hamilton, just in case." I try to take the paper from his hand.

"No!" He tries to put it in the air, but I'm way taller than him, so I'm able to take it from him. 

I check what he wrote, and damn! He started this like five minutes ago and there're already 3 paragraphs about our assumption and what could help us. 

I look at him with confused eyes. How did he write this fast? Is he human? 

"What? Did I make a spelling mistake?"

I start to write his friend's name down and do little doodles of them on the side.

"Haha, It's quite sad that's the first thing you think of. There, finish. It wasn't so difficult to write their name, was it?" I give him the paper back. 

"It's not sad! It's very normal to worry about typos. So if I take into account what you just wrote, there's Charle Lee, Aaron Burr, and my friends."

"Yes, I don't know who else would do this."

"There must be other people! Like, I don't know, one of the Schuylers or someone like King, that's something he would do."

"But they have no reason whatsoever to do this."

"Maybe, but we should at least consider them?"

"Sure, write it down."

I look over to Angelica. She seems to be taking notes of whatever the librarian is saying. Look like she's going to take some time. I think of a subject of conversation. What does he like? What would he like to talk about? Then I remember when Aaron told me they talked a lot about books.

"Hey, what's the latest book you've read?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Well, I believe we have very different types of books we like, so it would be interesting to hear about stuff and stories I've never read."

"Well, I'm reading a story about real-life events of World War II, setting with a Ukrainian family who had it very hard since just before the war was The Great Famine, also known as Holodomor, and they were still trying to recover from that. The children ended up being orphans and needed to travel across the Sea to Canada, to find safety. That's the only thing I know, I'm not far."

Quicksilver - Jamilton -जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें