003. Hogwarts Express

Part One / Chapter Three

The Hogwarts Express made its stop at King Cross Station.

Venus fumbled with her trolley and her cat, Snowflake, nuzzling her white fur into her owners sweater. Venus placed her cat on top of the trolley, brushing its shedded fur off her sweater. Snowflake purred softly and curled up on top of her trunks, her tail swaying happily in the air.

"Are you alright, darling?" Andromeda asked her; for the billionth time since what happened two weeks prior.

Her finger brushing against the scar on Venus' lip. When Ted heard about what Sirius had done he looked like he was ready to duel and he could rarely kill insects, "It's okay if you're not."

"I'm splendid, Auntie." Venus smiled, her Aunt cupping her cheeks so hard it made her eyes squeeze shut. She pulled her into one last motherly embrace before letting her go to the train.

"Vee, wait!" A distant voice shouted. Tonks pushed through a number of parents, who all of them looking at her irritably. Venus stopped her trolley and waited for Tonks for arrive saving her the time (and the embarrassment.) "Happy fifth year, cousin." She wheezed, "and you're Prefect. There is no year better than this. Okay, go off!"

Venus embraced her cousin as the last of the Hogwarts students boarded the train. Their arms clasped around each other and pressed their cheeks together, as warm tears flowed down Venus' cheeks. Neither wanted to let go, but the final horn of the Hogwarts Express forced them apart. Tonks wiped the tears from Venus' cheeks and urged her onto the train.

Venus held Snowflake in her arms carefully, she was now Head Girl. She didn't want to be unprofessional and take Snowflake with her, so she needed to find Constance. She usually sat with her cousin Cho Chang, but when she opened their compartment, the confused frowns of the Ravenclaws met her gaze. She quickly apologized and shut the door. She searched every single compartment until she opened one, with Harry Potter inside. Constance was smushed in between Ginny Weasley, a fourth year in her house, and Luna Lovegood, a fourth-year Ravenclaw student that everyone teased. Loony Lovegood being the name she was referred to amongst most kids at Hogwarts, Venus never did. But she never made attempts at becoming her friend either.

"Venus!" Constance embraced Venus with such intensity she feared she was going to smack her head on the compartment door. "I can't believe you're a prefect now, I'm so proud of you. Wait— why aren't you in the Prefects carriage?"

"I needed to ask if you can hold onto Snowflake while I went," said Venus, holding up her cat whos blue eyes were piercing into Neville Longbottom's face viciously.