070. Malfoy Manor

Part Three / Chapter Seventy

The first word that registered in Venus' mind was "Ouch." She could feel the heat in that specific spot of her head where someone had smashed the blunt end of an object against it. You'd think the Angel genes would protect her from something like that, but the angels always had something up their sleeves that Venus hadn't learned about or been accustomed to.

After laying down on her back for a few minutes, she finally rose, looking around the room. She was met with a figure kneeling towards her, brown eyes piercing down at her.

"Venus?!" They started. "Are you alright?" It was Dean Thomas, he looked paler than usual.

"Dean?" Venus rubbed her forehead with her palm, hoping it would ease the headache. "What- What are you doing here? Neville had told me you went into hiding with Ted."

Dean shuttered and quickly spoke. "Got busted by some snatchers, been down here ever since. Constance is still knocked out cold." He pointed next to her, where Constance laid sprawled out on the ground like a rag doll.

"We were just in Hogwarts. What the hell-" Venus blinked. "Where are we? Don't tell me this is hell."

"That's quite ironic coming from you." Dean stated with a stale chuckle. Venus deadpanned him. Dean threw his hands up. "Ok. Ok. No Angel jokes."

Her shirt was drenched in her own blood. When she lifted it, there was not a single scratch on her stomach from the stab wounds her attacker had inflicted on her. She must've healed when they took her and Constance here. Venus heard a faint sound from the other side of the dungeon.

Dean turned. "Sorry to wake you, Luna." He apologized. "Look who joined the party."

"Venus Rosario." Spoke the familiar, airy voice. It sounded slightly lower than usual because she'd just woken up from what Venus assumed was a deep sleep. "Oh, I'm so delighted to see you again!"

"I'm so sorry I couldn't stop them from taking you." Venus frowned, remembering the morning of December 20th.

"No need for apologies. It meant a lot that you even stood up for me, not many people do." Luna smiled. Venus gave a small grin, mentally facepalming herself that she believed Luna Lovegood would be angry at her.

"Bloody hell." Constance groaned. "My fucking head hurts."

"Oh, I know." Venus spun around toward her best friend who was still lying down on the damp concrete.