066. The Ministry Has Fallen

Part Three / Chapter Sixty-Six

Time was running out.

They were coming. Venus urged guests with children or accompanied with the elderly to apparate home. A symphony of clicks sounded through her ears as the guest continued count decrease by the minute. Venus had been separated from Harry, she couldn't find anyone she knew. Everyone she bumped into were either French or most likely gate-crashing the wedding. With her wand in hand, she shuffled toward the front of the tent when she ran into someone's back. Hermione spun around, looking relieved to have found Venus in the panic.

"Oh, Venus! Me and Ron have been looking for you everywhere? Have you seen Harry or Constance?" Hermione was out of breath, her face tinged red from the sudden heat that rushed inside the tent after Kingsley's warning.

"No, no. I haven't. I've been looking all over you lot."

Hermione and Venus sped through the crowd, both for their wands clutched in their right hands. All around them black shadows unfolded from thin air, and acting as a door for the Death Eaters to step out off. Remus, Tonks and Mr. Weasley had already begun dueling the ones that had made their entrance. At the far corner of the tent, they spotted Constance. Purple and blue streaks flew between her and another Death Eater. She deflected every curse they threw at her.

"Avis!" Constance shot her wand toward the Death Eater. Suddenly, the doves hovering over the tent belted toward the ground and ate the Death Eater. They began swatting the doves away as they pecked at him, blood staining the outside of their uniform. Constance grabbed a glass bowl from a nearby table, smashing it in his head, knocking them unconscious.

Constance flipped her hair out of her face, tossing the broken pieces left in her hands at the Death Eater on the ground. Venus and Hermione watched, mouths gaping open. Venus held two thumbs up at her best friend who flushed proudly. Hermione watched Constance in fascination, inching closer towards her, the wand shaking in her palms.

"Did you guys see me knock that Death Eater out? Insane wasn't it?—"

Hermione grabbed Constance's face and kissed her. Just like that. Venus' hands flew to her mouth, refusing from squealing and disturbing their moment. A small feeling set, she felt genuine happiness in this horrible predicament. Seeing Constance and Hermione smile at each other, just made her happy. She was happy for them. Then, as if out of thin air, Marco popped up behind them. Without a second thought, Venus brought her hands up and sent Hermione and Constance hurdling to the other side of the tent. The girls hardly landing on their feet. His angel blade gleamed under the light of the tent.

"Long time no see, Venus. Happy to see me?" Marco chortled, twirling the silver blade between his fingers.

"When am I ever happy to see you?"

Venus charged at him, striking him in the face. Marco stumbled back, although the recovered quickly, swinging his dagger at Venus and slicing her arm open. Punches, kicks and swings travelled between them at lightening speed. Marco twisted Venus arm, pinning her to his chest and plunging the blade into her stomach. Venus let out a small gasp. She forgot how much that stung. She elbowed Marco in the face, quickly pulling the angel blade out, taking the base of the blade and banging it against his nose. It was her turn to swing him around, kicking him in his knee so now he was kneeling on the ground.

"Say hi to Maria for me." Venus whispered in his ear.

She took the blade and sliced Marco's throat open. A bright white light blinded her and then his body fell to the ground limp.

"Finally you killed him!" Constance shouted from the other side of the tent, sending a spell to a neighboring Death Eater.

She needed to find Harry. If Marco came, more angels were coming. They needed to leave now. Through the disastrous scene of Order members and Death Eaters dueling, Venus saw a blue tie battling with a Death Eater at the back of the tent. The Death Eater struck Harry in the chest. Venus darted toward them, sneaking up behind the Death Eater and snapping his neck with ease. His body dropped and Harry appeared. His bright green eyes staring up at her, astonished.

"I've been looking for you everywhere." Venus and Harry said.

"You've got to go." "We've got to go."

"Wait. You're not coming with us?" Harry asked, picking himself from the floor, dried blood stained his face.

"An angel was just here. If they attack, worse, if Metatron attacks, there will be no one here. Castiel and Corinne aren't nearly as strong as her. I'm the only one who can match her power."

Harry stood silent for a minute. Venus trailed her hands from his wrists into his hands.

"I'm sorry. I can't go."

"It's okay." Harry looked at her with a small smile. "You don't have to apologize."

Venus nodded. "You guys are going to be okay, right?"

"Always."

Harry let go of Venus' hands, bringing them up to her face and pulling her into a kiss. The best and worst sensation settled in her stomach. This was a goodbye kiss. She didn't know how long it'd be until she saw Harry again. Two months? Two years? The pair separated, foreheads touching and as they took one second before Harry had to leave. Hermione and Ron met at the exit of the tent.

"I'll be back." Harry sighed, gripping onto Venus' hands. He didn't want to let them go.

"And I'll be waiting." Venus tried to smile, but the urge to cry wouldn't let her.

They both nodded and they both let go. Hermione and Ron waved to her as the trio disappearing in a snap at the exit of the tent. Venus took a deep breathe and walked over to Marco's body. She bent down toward his angel blade. It made a swish sound as she picked it up from the floor. The Angels popped up all around her, matching daggers in hand. She gripped the blade in her hands, eyeing every being who started closing in on her. She sighed.

Now, it was time to raise hell.