030. St. Mungo's

Part One / Chapter Thirty

Cotton candy skies relished in the atmosphere. A crescent moon shone faintly behind the clouds as doves soared in the air.

Venus stood with her feet rooted to the ground, her white dress flowing silently against the breeze. She was in what she could only describe as Heaven.

Of course, she'd had this dream countless times before. It always ended the same, a bright light that nearly blinds her and she's back in her world, wide awake. The light began to glow at the top of the hill and Venus braced herself for the headache she'd wake up with.

The light died and Venus opened her eyes, she was still in her dream. But someone was standing where the light was, a star-crescent pendant laid on her chest.

Venus sighed. "Mum?"

"Venus."

Venus smiled, and took off from where she had stood. The closer she got, the more vibrant her mother's face began.

"Venus, Venus, Venus."

"Mum?" Venus said, but her mother continued to repeat her name.

"Venus, Venus, Venus, Venus, Venus, Venus."

"VENUS, WAKE UP!"

She shot up from her sleep and was met face to face with Tonks, who's hair was short and bright as ever.

"Dee?" Venus said groggily as she was still half-asleep managing to pull Tonks into a hug.

"Wake up, sleepyhead." Tonks shook her, helping and irritating her simultaneously. "We're going to see Arthur, c'mon."

Venus quickly pulled on a pair of jeans and sweatshirt Tonks brought her from her trunk. She followed her downstairs where everyone was already dressed, chatting happily amongst each other, except Harry, who sat far away and didn't speak to anyone. Tonks handed her a train ticket and headed off toward Moody, who stood threateningly above everyone wearing a bowler hat that covered his magical eye.

"There isn't any seer blood in your family, is there?" Tonks inquired to Harry curiously, as they sat side by side on a train rattling toward the heart of the city.

"No," Harry answered.

"Stop being annoying," Venus said and Tonks hair burned a bright green. "He doesn't want to talk about it."

"When did you become Harry's keeper?" Tonks said musingly, "Ah, young love."

Constance snickered, only stopping when she caught Venus' glare, she quickly turned away and pretended to read an advertisement on the wall of the moving train. Harry's cheeks crimsoned and Venus punched Tonks in her shoulder. Thankfully, they got out at the next stop, a station in the very heart of London. They all followed Tonks up the escalator, Moody clunking along at the back of the group, his bowler tilted low and one gnarled hand stuck in between the buttons of his coat, clutching his wand.