072. On The Other Side

Part Three / Chapter Seventy-Two

Death was anything but predictable. You're young and believe you'll eventually die of old age, peacefully in your sleep. As your life goes on, you realize that Death has no determined time and date. You die when the universe decides you will, in the easiest or most gruesome way possible. Venus Rosario and Constance Mai were subject to the latter who suffered gruesomely.

The girls bodies laid on the ground. They were laying peacefully. There was no etching of their painful deaths in their faces. The two both had relaxed expressions as though they were sleeping. But they knew Venus and Constance weren't sleeping, because they were never going to wake up after.

Metatron, Bellatrix, Lucius and the rest of their minions had left a little more than ten minutes ago. Laughing maliciously as they evaporated from
the foyer. Harry, Hermione, Ron, Luna and Dean were stuck in the positions they were left in. The group sat in silence, due to exhaustion and shock that two of their friends were murdered right in front of them.

Azrael, Castiel and Corinne had left immediately after the others, informing the group that they'd be back soon to complete their plan.

"Does everyone feel like they're stuck in a nightmare they can't get out of?" Ron uttered. He was the first to say anything between the five of them.

Hermione approached Constance, taking her already cold hands and placing them across her chest. She spoke, "The worst nightmare."

The dying sun dyed the foyer a warm shade of orange. The five teens were enveloped in complete silence once again. Harry finally moved from his spot, clutching the letters to his chest. He fell on his knees next to Venus. Her skin was still that warm caramel tone, but it was ice cold.

A loud snap echoed throughout the room. Hoping it was one of the Angels Harry spun around. But it was Dobby the House Elf.

"Harry Potter," were the first words he uttered before he spots Venus laid next to him. His big, pale eyes filled with tears. "Venus Rosario. Oh no. Harry Potter must be really sad."

Dobby trudged to Harry's side. His big eyes stared up at him. Tears were sitting at the bottom of his eyes trapped, scared to fall. Scared to keep falling after that.

"Harry Potter knows that's it's okay to cry, doesn't he?" Dobby placed a hand on Venus's arm. "It's okay to cry, scream until you cannot anymore. I've learned this, Harry Potter. I can assure you that it is okay."

A painful scream ripped through the air. Venus spun around in the direction it came from. It seemed so distant, yet so close. She performed countless circles in the bright room she was in, everything painted over white, with a faint fog filling the air.

Everything about the manor had shifted. It was so bright that she had to shade her eyes from the atmosphere around her.

"Constance?" Venus called out into the air, hoping to get a half-witted response back.