020. Hog's Head

Part One / Chapter Twenty

The frigid morning of Hogsmeade approached and Venus eyed the piece of parchment with the words 'HOG'S HEAD' in large letters. Venus was relieved to have some time away from students staring at her as if she had wings sprouting, or Umbridge eyeing her like a Hunter does to a deer.

Constance, per usual, was still sleeping soundly in bed. "Cee, wake up." she whispered in her ear. But Constance didn't budge. "Get your arse up!"

Startled, Constance flipped off her bed. The top of her head perked up from the side of the mattress. She had an infuriated glare in her eyes at the unwanted awakening.

"You scared me half to bloody death," Constance muttered finally getting up to her feet. Her sleek black hair had been mangled into a frizzy disaster.

"Hurry, we have to head to Hog's Head," said Venus opening the door to her wardrobe.

"For Harley's little meeting correct?"

Venus placed her clothes atop her bed and sighed, "Are you referring to Harry or Hermione?"

"Goes for both." Constance shrugged; she grabbed her wand and performed a glamour charm. Of course, it didn't change her drastically. Although, the birdsnest that laid on her head was flattened almost instantly. She smoothed her hair down once more before smiling.

After breakfast they queued in front of Flich, who matched their names to the long list of students who had permission from their parents or guardian to visit the village. Her and Constance reached Flich, he checked their names giving Venus a displeased frown as they left. Maybe suspected half-breeds weren't his cup of tea.

"I know the squib isn't eyeing you like that," said Constance; she was visibly and audibly agitated. Venus wasn't going to risk her best friend hexing Filch, grabbing her and setting off down the wide drive to the gates.

"It's okay, it could be worse. Pansy Parkinson could throw a pie at my face." Venus joked. Constance laughed, even though the mention of Pansy made her urge to choke someone innumerable.

"I think Harry tried kissing me last night," Venus suddenly said.

Constance stopped. Literally, stopped and stared at her best friend. "Are you joking me?" Venus shook her head and an ear piercing squeal rang in the air. Constance had her hands over her mouth to muffle her yelps but to no avail, they rang through the wind. She skipped over to the girl excitedly. "Wait— what do you mean tried?"

"Well. . ." Venus trailed. "I-kinda-got-scared-and-ran-off."

"Vee!"

"I was scared!"

They paraded down the main streets past Zonko's where George, Fred and Lee Jordan now made their acquaintance. Constance stared up at George, and Venus watched as a familiar sparked set off in her eyes. Constance looked down from George and to Venus mouthing 'Oh my god'.