part three.

Mercury's hands began to tremble as he hovered over the "Join Call " button, he clicked on it and closed his eyes, and steadied his breath. Why was he so nervous?

"Hello!" Dream said as Mercury entered the call

"Hello, are you live yet?" Mercury questioned as he opened Twitch to help Dream spot the little things in the Minecraft world.

Dream cleared his throat before speaking, "Uh, no not yet! I will be in a few minutes, so you can mute until I'm finished rambling to my chat." 

"Ooh, alright, I can also help you like-like Punz does, sometimes," Mercury could hear how awkward he sounded, and he knew the male, sitting on the other side of the call, heard it to. 

"Okay, yeah, alright, I'm gonna start the stream now," The enthusiasm in Dream's voice grew. Mercury could tell streaming gave the boy euphoria. If they were sat next to each other, Mercury would've been able to see his friends eyes glowing from the excitement. Man, he really wished they were next to each other. Their warmth clashing together in the small room. Mercury adjusted in his seat from these thoughts, he's (personally) known Dream for less than a week, why was he thinking like this?

"Hi! Hello!" The excitement grew in his voice even more, Dream's smooth voice filling the silence, "I'm just waiting for the notification to be sent out..." 

Mercury fixed his eyes on his computer stream, watching Dream's mouse get dragged across the screen. After a few more minutes of Dream talking to his stream he finally opened the "Single Player" screen.

"Okay, after taking forever to get started, Mercury's also here~" Dream laughed

Mercury was caught off guard by the sudden confidence in Dream's voice. He quickly unmuted and let out a small chuckle, "Hi, hi, hello Dream's stream. I was forced to be here, help-"

"No! That's a lie!" The blond yelled

"Mm... that's a lie. Anyways, today at work I got this mug- Wait! Wait! I'll post a picture on my Instagram story," Mercury laughed as he scrambled for his phone and the mug, careful not to spill the tea inside, "My Instagram is 'at mercury' m-e-r-c-u-r-y!" 

"Oh, so you came here to self-promote, I see, Mercury, I see." The boy joked as he built out of a desert temple.

Mercury held the cup up and took a quick photo of it and captioned it "DREAM IS TRASH!" he posted it and within seconds it had thousands of views.

"Holy shit- wait am I allowed to say that?- it already has 3,000 views," Mercury's mouth hung open staring at the number getting higher and higher.

Dream didn't say anything, he just laughed. Mercury put his phone down, he put his feet on his chair and hugged his legs as he watched the green character run through the Nether.

"So~" The brunet started, picking at the loose threads on his jeans, "whatcha wearin'?" He laughed.

"Whaaat?~ What the hell is wrong with you?!" Dream gasped before wheezing.

Mercury giggled before saying, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Okay, what I was actually going to say is where did you learn to speed run?" 

"Um, I watched a lot of Illumina, I asked him a lot of questions, I don't know I just- I just watched lots of speed runners, I guess."

"Well, I guess it worked out, because according to this website you have the world record speed run..." Mercury dragged his finger across his screen, examining every word on the dimly lit screen.