part eight.

"Yeah, I know. It is kind of dumb, and embarrassing, but I think I was named after Cage The Elephant because my parents-" Cage got cut of before he could continue rambling.

"No, no, no not- not that. Let me get this straight; you live it Florida-" 

"How'd you know th-" Mercury then cut Dream off.

"Shh! I knew someone like you as a kid... an, uh, your name is Cage..?" Clay sounded so confused, but so happy.

"What-? I'm sorry you lost me." The brunet chuckled nervously.

"You were the friend, Cage." The blond said bluntly.

"What?! Nuh-uh!" Cage laughed, "That can't be."

There was a small pause, Mercury's thoughts were racing just like his heart. Dream was trying to find questions so he could interrogate his past bestfriend with.

"I'm serious. Did you move to Tennessee?" Dream questioned.

"Wait- Yes, when I was 15. How'd you know?" Said Cage.

When those words fell from Cage's mouth; they knew. They found each other again. Six years later they finally stumbled back into each other's paths. 

"That's fucking embarrassing." Cage scoffed out loud

"Wh-hah-hat?" Dream couldn't help but laugh.

"I- Just- Minecraft- a block game?! That's what reunited us?! What the actual fuck?!" Mercury started giggling so hard he was gasping for air.

"Romantic," The boy on the other line said, "I winked by the way."

"Oh! Shut up!"

The boys were so stunned they just sat in their chairs for a minute, taking this all in. They were bestfriends again without knowing they lost each other 2190 days ago. 

"Clay?! How the fuck did you know I lived in Florida?! I don't think I've ever told you." Cage yelled in such a concerned voice.

Dream wheezed, "I don't remember if you've told me, but it's in your Twitter and Instagram bio."

"Ah, thought you were obsessed with me or something like that."

"Oh, I am! Don't worry!" Dream wheezed again.

"Huh?! What did you just say to me?!" Mercury yelled in surprise. 

There was more silence that filled the call, they wanted to talk to each other, but they couldn't find the right words. And they just found out some of the best news in a while, while being sleep deprived.

Mercury yawned then followed by saying, "Uh, it's very late and I can't comprehend I just found my bestfriend that I lost," He paused to do the math (he wasn't too smart), "Five years ago-?"

"It would be more of six, but yeah, sure. I mean I see you are still not too smart." Dream teased.

"Stop!" Mercury continued, "Anyways, you ass, goodnight. Get a good sleep, and, uh, I hope we can talk about this more tomorrow?"

"Yes! Yeah, of course! And goodnight, you too, Cage!" Dream smiled. 

The call was ended seconds after Mercury left the call. He couldn't believe it. He found him again. He smiled and walked into his bedroom, he had a huge accomplished smile on his red face. He got into bed and hugged the green bear he's had on his bed since he's moved.

"You never called! You promised you'd call me, Clay!" Cage sobbed into his microphone.

"You didn't call either..." Clay whispered

"Because I thought you hated me." He hissed through his teeth.

"Why would I hate you, Cage?! You meant everything to me!" Clay muttered through his teeth.

"Because I left you..." The brunet spoke softly.

"I never called because I was scared to cry in front of you. Every time I thought about you, I broke down. I became a shell, Cage. Everyone at school treated me like I was fragile, the people in that small forsaken town stared at me like I was gonna snap. I was tired of it all, so I moved on," Clay paused and slowed his shaky breath, "I'm so sorry."

"I cut everyone off; including you. Even my mom, I didn't to her for weeks. I was so angry at her because she took me away from you," Cage bit the skin on his lips, "I'm sorry, Clay."

"I missed you so much." The blond spoke sadly

"I missed you, too." The dark haired boy sniffed. 

Cage had never heard or seen Clay cry, not in the 15 (ish) years he knew him. Until now, the call was silent before he heard whimper come from the boy. He understood, they abandoned each other for six years. 2190 days without each other. He knew the pain he was going through, the pain he hasn't had to think about for so long that he suppressed it all down.

"Clay, I love you. And I'll never leave you again." 

"I don't know if I can lose you again," Clay paused for a moment, "Can we meet up?"

THIS IS SO SHORT IM SO SORRY BUT I THINK ITs PERFECT LIKE THIS.
anyways ! dont forget to vote , comment + follow !
stay safe , ily all<3! (^^) kisses xx!!!!

anyways ! dont forget to vote , comment + follow !stay safe , ily all<3! (^^) kisses xx!!!!