part four.

FLASHBACK !
JANUARY 17, 2009
settings :
cage ' s childhood home,
and south florida fair

9 : 00 am
Cage was putting on a sweatshirt when he heard a knock on the door. The little boy opened the door to find his best friend standing on the other side, a grin plastered on his young face. They're eyes met and they immediately felt the happiness fill the air. 

His best friend walked inside the house like it was his own. The boys walked into the kitchen that smelled of eggs and bacon. 

"Hello, Clay!" Cage's mother said as she cracked another egg into the bowl. 

"Hi ma'am," The boy smiled at the women with red lips.

Cage and Clay took a seat at the dining table. "Do you want orange juice?" Cage asked his friend holding the carton over the mug in front of his friend.

The blond boy made a disgusted face as he laughed out "Ew! No!" He picked up the apple juice instead. Cage shrugged his shoulders and poured the orange juice into his own mug. After a few minutes Cage's mother walked over to the table and scrapped scrambled eggs onto their plates. She gave them bacon and and sat down with them so they all could enjoy their breakfast. 

The ravenette cleared his throat before speaking to his mom, "Can Clay and I go to the South Florida Fair later? It starts at ten a.m. and closes at ten p.m.. We can leave at twelve, and we will be home by three. Pleaseeeeee?" 

His mom stared at her son's puppy eyes, then to his hands that were clasped in a praying formation. She sighed, "You are both twelve! It isn't safe," She paused and took another deep breath, "But, if you promise to be home at three, and your parents say it's okay, " She said pointing her fork at Clay, "Then I suppose you boys can go. You are spending your money though!" 

The boys stood up from the table giggling and running towards Cage's room. Cage ran back into the kitchen and kissed his mother's forehead, then picked up the two plates they left and cleaned them off. 

"Cage, can you come here?" His mother said giving a weak smile. The young boy took a seat at the table again and stared at his mom, "You know I worry about you, I wish I wasn't so protective over you, and Clay, but ever since your dad..." Tears pricked at Cage's eyes and grabbed at the hands of the women on the other side of the table, "Go- go hang out with your friend." She wiped the tears from her eyes and stood up to clean her dish.

"I love you mom, I know you worry for us. But I promise we will be safe, dad will always be watching over us to keep us safe." The boy then ran out of the kitchen to join his friend in his own room.

-

12 : 00 p.m.
"Mom! Clay asked his mom if he can go to the fair, and she said yes!" Cage yelled through the small house.

"Be safe and have fun! Don't forget your money!" Demi said as she walked into the living room, the room that the boys were in. 

"We will! We will!" Clay laughed as he tied his shoes and grabbed his money from his pocket to confirm he had it.

After a few more minutes of getting ready and 'mother's wise words ' they boys left the house and started walking towards the fairgrounds.