part nine.

"Can we meet up?"

"Wh-what?"

"Can we meet up?"

"Of-of course..!"

The conversation ran through Cage's mind as he melted into his mattress. It was so fresh in his memory it's like the words were being wrung out into Cage's ears until they were worn down and torn. 

He had no time to think it through; he was going to agree anyways. But he hasn't seen Clay in so long he has not idea what he looks like, what he'll act like in person. Truth be told: hes terrified to meet him again.

-

The sun sept into Cage's eyes as he walked outside for the first time all weekend. The view soaked into his eyes and flipped around in his head. The heat sat on his skin like a thin layer of ice. It was the coldest it's been all summer; but it was still a living hell, "What the fuck brought me back here?" He chuckled as he ran his hand through his freshly washed hair. When he detached his hand from his hair, a few strands followed. The brown locks curled around his fingers like rings. Like snakes. They stuck out between his digits like weeds in a uncut yard. 

The brunet quickly removed the hair off of his hands and sat in his car. It was extremely hot since he hadn't turned on the air yet; he began to sweat. His hands became clammy and warm. His forehead was dampened with sweat. He turned on the air. It hit his face like a punch. Except this punch didn't leave a purple and black bruise. It didn't cause him to bleed. It cooled him down as he drove himself to work.

-

As he was standing behind the same counter he always stood at, it replayed in his mind, 

"Can we meet up?"

"Wh-what?"

"Can we meet up?"

"Of-of course..!"

it haunted him like a ghost. It wasn't there to harm him, but that's what he mistook it as. He was horrified of it's presence. It was everywhere he went. Behind walls, around corners, hiding within the rooms he passed, possessing the customers. He could not escape it. 

There is one way to get rid of something you fear. You overcome it

-

"What to make? What to make?" The brunet sang to himself softly as he looked through his fridge. He finally pulled out eggs, and bacon. Mom's go-to meal. He gently cracked the eggs into a bowl. He scrambled them until they were mixed thoroughly. Cage poured the eggy liquid into the hot pan. The sizzling sound racing up to his eardrums. As they were cooking he through the bacon strips into the microwave. He didn't have the time to cook it on the stove, well, he did. But he'd rather think he didn't. He, then, put two slices of white bread into the toaster.

Once his dinner was done cooking, he put it all on a plate and sat down. Next to his plate, of course, was a mug with poorly painted butterflies on it filled with orange juice. He devoured his food like he hadn't been fed days. The food filled his stomach like a balloon getting ready to pop. 

-

The door creaked open. The hinges screamed at him as he walked into his office. This was the first time since the day before when he agreed to meet up with Dream. The room smelled of bad choices and dirty dishes. He removed the dishes out of the room, but the stench of bad choices remained. 

He finally placed his light body into his chair. He opened up Discord to find many messages from his friends.

Just to name a few: