part seven.

! small tw/cw for talk abt depression/depressive episodes !

"I knew someone like you once." Dream's voice rang through Mercury's ears. It was midnight and the two men were sitting on a Discord call. 

"Hm? You did?"

"Yeah, I did. He is a lot like you, actually. I don't remember much about him but I know he was funny, kind, sweet."

"Oh, so you think I'm funny? And sweet? Wait," Mercury held back a small giggle, "Are you hitting on me?"

"What?! No!" Dream busted out laughing. 

"Mmm... I don't know. It kind of sounds like it," The brown headed boy wanted to get to know they blond, but he knew he was too scared, "Just ask me out already! Geez!" 

"Fuck you."

"Please do-" Mercury choked out, "Anyways, um, heh, why'd you start doing this? Streaming, Minecraft?" 

The other man chuckled before saying, "I've played Minecraft for years, since I was 14 or something, and I decided to pursue a career of it. I told George I was going to blow up, and I asked if he was coming with or not." 

"Ah, so you 'n' George... you guys seem pretty close." Cage smiled at his bright screen in his dark room. He always liked sitting in the dark, no lights buzzing, no headaches. When he was a kid he'd sit in the closet to think, to play, to hid, to get through depressive episodes, or painic attack. But, no one questioned it.

"Oh! Yeah! Of course! We've been friends for awhile and hes the closet thing to a bestfriend that I have!" Dream seemed so happy talking about George. He couldn't help but wonder if he's this happy talking about him to other people. 

"I like you." Mercury blurted it out before he could think, before he could stop it. He regretted it more than he's ever regretted anything. He wanted to curl into a ball and never talk to anyone again. He felt light headed, and he prepared himself to throw up his dinner.

"Haha, what? I-" Dream stumbled over his words.

"As-as a friend, of course. S-sorry." He knew he still fucked up. He knew that Dream wouldn't believe that.

Why would you say that???  Mercury picked at the skin on his lips, then started chewing on his short nails.

"Oh-oh," Dream took a small breath and continued, "Do you want to do this again tomorrow night? I really enjoyed tonight, but we should sleep soon."

The brunet smiled and said, "Yes, I'd love that. Goodnight, Clay." He left the Discord call and leaned back in his chair, his hands over his eyes. 

Clay was gonna tell everyone; all his friends, all his family, everyone he knew, he was gonna tell them how weird he was. 

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Cage walked into the bathroom and stared into the dirty mirror. Cage had been going through one of his depressive episodes, and who knows how long it has been since he's cleaned his apartment. There were clothes all over the floor, along with towels and random items he hasn't had the energy to pick up. He hasn't left his house in days because he's been off of work, he hasn't seen the sun in so long he'll probably get sun burnt within the hour he finally leaves.

It's been so bad he hasn't even cooked a real meal for himself, just leftovers and microwaved meals. The tupperware and containers strewn throughout his place. The place reeked of body odor and cold food. The only thing he has done in the past week was talk on social media, and talk to Dream. Everything and everyone else was too overwhelming and straining.