prologue.

Cage has always been sarcastic and funny, so he's wanted to put himself out there in a way where he'd be appreciated; but he was self conscious of his face. The way he put himself out in the world was simple by just glancing at it, but when you dig deeper there is way more to it. 

"How about this one?" Demi, his mother, asked 18 year old Cage, holding up an all black mask with led wire across the eyes in a 'x' formation, over the mouth, and nose. 

"Sure," He shrugged grabbing it from her hands.

"You know you don't have to go to this halloween party right?" She said with a frown.

"I know, I know, but I gotta go for Ollie, they'd kill me if i didn't go!" 

"Well, if Oliver is a good enough friend they'd understand," She formed a small smile on her red lips.

Without saying another word the two went to the register and bought the mask. 
Later that night Cage and his friend, Ollie, walked into a house filled with drunk high schoolers and college kids. Without much effort Cage could tell the "popular" kids were on one side of the room, leaving the "freaks" (as they were called amongst the popular kids) on the other. 

"Why am I here again?" Cage asked looking around at his shit-faced classmates.

"You have got to help me get Sophia to at least talk to me, please man?" 

"Wait... so, you asked me to come... because of my popularity, so you can get a girl that'll suck you off then leave you all alone?"

"Uh, yeah... I guess you could look at it that way," Ollie frowned, "Bro, I don't want my dick sucked! I don't even want a dick! I want neither. Not the point, Oliver!" They focused back onto the conversation them and Cage were having. 

"Hm, no thank you," Cage sighed, "I'm gonna head home. Text or call if you need anything." Cage headed towards the door as he heard a couple people calling for him. Cage was pretty popular, he didn't hate it, he loved the attention. He was able to use his wits at home and school, tons of people loved him for it. He's the kid who is apart of every clique and cliche somehow; he was super athletic and fun (popular kids), he was smart and funny (the teachers pet), he loves movies (geeks/nerds), he's no snitch (the druggies, and alcoholics), and so on, this earning him the number one spot in school. But, again, he definitely did not mind it.

Later on in school he is given the nickname "Mercury" for two reasons, the football coach wanted him to be on the team and he would've been given the number 80 (Mercury's Atomic number because he loves science), and because his football coach said if he became a player he'd hurt a lot of players like the element. Come on, he'd rather be called a planet or a deadly element than Cage

And now, he is a 21 year old college dropout who plays Minecraft for a living. 

He took the moniker "Mercury" and the mask from the Halloween party that night and set up his YouTube channel, he was a small creator but he still loved his job and people still loved him. Of course he had a side-job at a small coffee shop near him.

He had roughly 10k subscribers until he was thrown into the biggest block game championship on the internet: MCC.

He and his team won the first ever Minecraft Championship. This making his subscriber count jump from 10k to 50k in a week, and to 150k in two weeks, he kept growing and being recognized by bigger creators and he was then thrown into the second MCC, again, he didn't mind this attention, he loved it! 

But, to him, the coolest thing that came out of all this was being noticed by Dream, George, Sapnap, and Bad. He looked up to the fourof them the most in the Minecraft YouTuber community. 

All of this was the start of Mercury's surface on the internet and the way he found his childhood best friend.

uhhhh n e wayz stan his mom !!