part two.

Dream and Mercury were still on call together, making small comments, filling the silent void, many times were they laughing so hard they couldn't breathe, tears building up in their bright eyes.

"Damn, it's already eleven, I better get going," Mercury paused, "I have work tomorrow."

"Oh, alright, bye!" Dream said after a few seconds of silence. Mercury could tell Dream didn't want him to leave; he didn't either. 

"Hey, Dream, I had a great time today, and a great time talking to you... maybe we can do this again."

"You can call me Clay outside of recordings if you want," Dream chuckled, "And I also had a  great time talking to you. Have a good day at work tomorrow."

"Oh, thanks," Mercury grinned as he got off the call, not too long after he say Dream exit the call as well. 

Mercury sat in his chair for a second before thinking about how lucky he was, he was so lucky to be in the spot he was, so damn lucky. But, he couldn't imagine his life without the fame, without the love and attention. 

He rubbed his face with his hands and went to collapse in his bed, before he attempted to sleep he started to wonder if Dream really had a great time talking to him. was he lying? Why would he lie? Was he just being friendly?

Mercury woke up to the agonizing sound of his alarm. Beep. Beep. Beep. He sighed and checked his phones, seeing he had thousands on thousands of new followers and subs from the video Dream posted about an hour prier. 

He opened his Twitter DMs :

mercury
@mercury

hi clay ! thank you
for posting that video
bc ive gotten so much
love and new fans from
it !! thank you so much<3

He closed them and started getting ready for work, dressing up in his thick white sweater and a pair of black jeans, pairing it with dark green Converse. 

He ran his hand through his hair as he heard a notification come from his phone on the table beside him.

Twitter notification

Mercury clicked open his Twitter DMs once again, revealing a message from none other than Dream:

Dream
@dream

i'm so glad that
you're growing, it's
very deserved!
and you're welcome
❤1

mercury @mercury · 5m
wanted to pop on here b4 work to say THANK YOU GUYS SM
for all of the love, support, followers AND subs. much love, m<3
💬803                                       🔃1.2k                                    ♡4.7k

―――――――――――――――――――――――――――

karl too @honkkarl 
AYO

George @GeorgeNootFound 
LETS GOOOOOOOO

quackity4k @quackity4k
YOOOOO MERCURY SPEEDRUNNING HIS CAREER 

TommyInnit @tommyinnit
BIG M!!! it wouldve been better if you were a woman!!!

Tubbo @TubboLive
VOUHC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  ava or kit :3 | BLM & ACAB @avanctfound
   ANY TRUERS??!??!!!?!??!?!!!!!

jesus penis @trustingtripp
WHY WE GOIN SO FUCKING FAST

Mercury clicked out of his tabs and headed out of the front door, on his drive to work he drowned out his imposter thoughts with his playlist. Consisting of the classics (and if you disagree please do not talk to him) like Gorillaz, Arctic Monkeys, Mother Mother, and more, but by the end of the car ride they all blur together and sound the same. 

The only thing he really enjoys about going to work is finding a new mug, he doesn't necessary love his co-workers, he's too worried he'll get too close, then reveal his real job. He loves collecting mugs despite not liking coffee all that much, and the only thing he drinks is hot cocoa, black tea, Rootbeer, Ultra Red and regular Monster. But, to say the least, he isn't very healthy (food wise), and he's too scared to have friends in real life. 

At this point, he isn't even "collecting" those mugs, he's taking them, but does that matter? They look good in his kitchen, and that's all that matters; not to the law, but to him. 

As he walked into worked, it wasn't as busy as it usually was. He began his starting routine; clocking in, cleaning the tables, took the orders of a few people, made drinks, etc. After a couple of hours, he ended his shift. 

Of course, before he left he went to the mug shelf and looked at them before deciding to take a red mug with white dots. Before he was caught he skipped out of the shop and to his car. 
When he eventually got home he checked his socials again. 

And of course, there they are, more subs, more followers, more love, more and more attention
The new people, and the love was spilling out of his phone, the only way he could respond was with smiles, disbelief, and short but sweet messages. 

The boy shut off his phone and hopped onto Minecraft, he was practicing his speedruns so he could become better and start streaming them more.

After a few hours of screwing around in the game he got a Discord notification from Dream:

Dream
wanna hope on my stream?
im speedrunning 

mercury
sure :)

changed my banner (again) bc of all of the lunch club drama...