part six.

FLASHBACK !
JUNE 25, 2014
settings :
cage ' s childhood home

The two 15 year old boys sat in silence on Cage's blue bed sheets. Cage had just told Clay he and his mom would be moving to Tennessee. They weren't crying; they'd never cry in front of each other, not even now when they wouldn't be able to see each other for awhile. The two of them had been bestfriends since they were about three. They were in the same preschool, and ever since then they had been "attached at the hip" as the teachers, their parents, and every other single person they ever talked to, said about them. 

"When are you leaving?" Clay whispered, avoiding eye contact.

"This weekend. I wish I could have told you sooner but I didn't know until yesterday." The brunet said back softly.

"Oh," The blond boy stood up and glanced at his friend, "I think... I should go."

Cage sniffed and rubbed his burning face, "Okay, see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, see you tomorrow."

Without another exchange of words or glances Clay left the room, seconds later the front door slamming shut. Tears started running down Cage's face, he was going to lose his bestfriend. He won't see him in real life for so long. Quiet sobs fell from his pink lips, he didn't know what to do. He didn't know how to feel. He just felt... numb. His heart ached from the way Clay's face went from a giant grin to the biggest frown he'd ever seen. His eyes were so glossy he thought he was going to cry. Cage was hurting. And he had no idea what to do.

"Cage? You need to start packing," His mother sat boxes down on his floor, and walked out after saying, "Please? I'm sorry, honey." 

The teen brought himself to his feet and started throwing decorations, old clothes, and other miscellaneous things that he wouldn't need for the next three days into the box. He was mad at his mom. He was so angry. Why couldn't she keep her job here??? What's the difference between this stupid fucking job and the one two states away?!

"Cage! Come here please!" Demi yelled from the hall.

"What do you want?!" He yelled as he swung his door wide open, causing it to slam on the wall behind it.

"Do not do that ever again, sir." There was authority in her strong voice, so much Cage started feeling guilty, "Grab that box and start packing up this closet." His brown eyes followed her arm, at the end of her arm he spotted the closet she was talking about.

With a sigh he picked up the box and started placing towels, soaps, extra toothbrushes, and other hygienic things they also would not need for the next few days. He finished the closet and retreated back in his room. 

-

"Cage! Clay is here!" Clay kicked open the door and face planted next to his best friend.

"I'm sorry I left yesterday, I needed a minute. But, we need to spend the rest of the time we have together! So, get dressed and we are going out," as Clay walked out he yelled back, "And your skateboard!"

Clay left the room and started conversating with Cage's mother while helping her pack. Cage threw on a white graphic tee, pink cargo pants, black vans, and a black beanie. He grabbed his skateboard and headed out of his room and into the living. The house was so bare; there were no more paintings on the walls, no more pictures on the coffee tables, the decor was shoved away in brown cardboard boxes, and every memory that had been made there for the past 15 years was stripped away.

"Be safe boys." The women said as they ran out of the house.

"Where to?" Clay threw his skate board down and placed a foot on top of it.

"Skate park, the mall, then that one cat café, then the park!" Cage laughed as he starting skating towards that skate park, the two boys laughed the whole way there. The skate park was scattered with teens that got out of school hours prier. They skated up and down the ramps, doing tricks, occasionally falling or pushing each other off. It it got dark faster than they expected so they decided to leave the skate park, skip the mall, and head to the cat café.

"Cats! Cats!" The boys chanted as they walked in, immediately seeing a fluffy orange cat, a fat gray cat, a small orange kitten, and a black and white kitten. They ordered their food and drinks and sat down to play with the cats. This was the best way to spend the last hours with his platonic soulmate. He was convinced they'd be bestfriends forever. No matter what. 

-

"Race ya to the swings!" The blond boy yelled, they both started sprinting towards the swings, Clay ended up winning by a foot, "Haha! Nerd!" He laughed in his friend's face. Cage responded by pushing Clay's face away with his palm.

"I hate you."

"You love me."

"I know."

i keep switching between calling cage a brunet (brown hair)
and a ravenet (black hair) i am so sorry. and im sorry this is a bit
shorter than usual, i wanted a filler chapter but also an important
chapter explaining some more things !! 

dont forget to vote , comment + follow ! i love you all<3 stay safe<3