4

Awkwardddd

---

Harry's POV:

Louis and I sit in the kitchen/dining room for at least 20 minutes longer than the time it took him to eat his toast. I try making small talk with him but it's not easy when the conversation is one-sided. I understand that I need to be patient with him but it's a little frustrating that he won't just open up and talk to me willingly. I heard his voice this morning before he knew I was here and it was the most heavenly sound I have ever heard...ever.

He seems to be warming up to me quicker than what Zayn's said he was like. Before Louis woke up, Zayn gave us the run down on what to do. Basically: don't touch him, yes or no questions only, treat him any differently except if he's upset or when asking him stuff make it easy for him to answer and don't be impatient. Seems logical and I'm enjoying my time with him so far, I just want to hear him speak a little more.

"Harry!" Niall calls. I yell back to ask him what he wants and see Louis frown a little so I flash him an apologetic look. Suddenly, Niall, Liam and Zayn were stood in the room with us, staring in awe. "Have you guys been here the whole time?"

Louis and I both nod. "You mean to tell me that you've been sat here without Lou freezing up for half an hour?" Zayn asks, bewilderment clear in his voice.

"Yeah, we've been talking about some stuff" I tell them and smile proudly. Louis picks at his lip while the rest of us have this conversation. It makes me frown when he does that because surely it hurts when he peals his skin off his lip.

"He's been talking?" Liam exclaims. I forgot that Louis doesn't always speak to him so instantly regret my choice of wording.

"No no, I've been doing the talking. Sorry, he's not talked to me yet" I explain quickly. Liam seems to calm down at this and lets out a slight sigh of relief as he smiles softly. Niall and Liam and Zayn then join us around the table, Zayn sitting next to Louis, Niall next to me and Liam on the end by Niall and Zayn. I smile at Louis, reassuringly to make try and him ok with the fact that Niall has joined us and is sat rather close.

"So Louis, heard you've got a twitter and Instagram purely so you can follow Harry" Niall smirks at me as hes saying this, obviously addressing me with this, not actually Louis. Louis sits and just looks at Niall, his face sort of scrunched up and he looks rather uncomfortable. "What's the username Liam?"

"Twitter is Louis underscore Tomlinson and Instagram is Louis T 91." Liam tells us, as Niall finds his phone to look for Louis' Twitter.

"This you?" He asks Louis, showing him his phone. Louis nods after looking at it for a few seconds. Niall seems satisfied and follows his Twitter. Then does the same on Instagram. He urges me to do it too hut I don't yet. "Oh by the way, I suggested we went out today. Louis probably won't want to go, I know but it's just an idea"

I look at Louis and see his face fall as he continues to pick at his skin and look away from everyone and down at the wooden table. "How about you three go and I'll stay with Louis?" I suggest, hoping Louis will like my idea. He looks up at me with a confused face. "Would that be ok?" I ask him. He nods slowly and then looks back down again.

"Ok, we'll go out and you two do whatever you want to do here" Liam nods. The three boys stand up and start to prepare to leave. I double check with Louis that he really is ok with me staying because I don't want him to be uncomfortable. He nods again when I do this so I decide that I will definitely stay.