29

Louis' POV:

While Harry is getting ready for bed, I stay downstairs with just my mum. The girls went to be am hour or so ago, and Harry's gone without me so she doesn't get suspicious.

We sit in silence, watching the TV. In my mind, I'm debating whether I should actually tell her or not. I told Harry I would, and it would probably be good for all of us if I did, but I can't help but want to hide it from her longer. I'm still not sure how she'll feel about it, even if I've basically been living with him for the past two months. I decide to keep quiet for a while longer...but this doesn't last long as she speaks to me first.

"So Lou" my mum shuffles slightly closer, with a grin on her face. "Harry, huh?" She gives me a look as if she knows, almost a weird smirk. She looks excited about it at least.

"What about him?" I ask, leaning back from her a little, trying to act confused. We both know that I know exactly what she's talking about.

"Louis" She narrows her eyes at me, but still smiles.

"What?" I laugh.

"What's going on between the two of you?" Mum asks. My smile drops slowly and I look away, not sure what to say. I pick at my lip while I try to ignore the fact that she's still grinning at me. I sigh as I figure out how to do this.
Eventually, I shrug. "Come on, you can tell me"

"Um-" I go to speak but am interrupted.

"I'm his boyfriend" Harry quickly says for me. I turn around and glare at him. I wanted to tell her. I know I didn't actually want to tell her but if anyone was going to, I wanted it to be me. I didn't even know he was there. Harry just shrugs smugly at me, I roll my eyes and turn away from him.

"That's what I assumed" My mum smiles at me when I turn back around and squeezes my hand. I smile back at her. Maybe this was genuinely a good thing, even if I'm annoyed that Harry jumped in before I could say anything. "How long has it been?"

"Since like September or November" I shrug, preparing for my mum to explode because it's been so long. She doesn't though. This is possibly more unnerving.

"That's lovely." Mum nods when I dare to look back up at her. She's smiling. I'm very confused. "Harry dear, could you give us a moment alone?"

Oh shit. She's just doing this for Harry.

"Of course. I'll wait outside for you Louis" Harry says as he backs out the room, still with that annoyingly proud smile on his face. I can't help but smile at him because even if he's annoying me, I still find it amusing that he's acting this way.

When he's finally left the room, my mum attacks me in a hug. I almost fall back with how aggressive this hug is. I chuckle and hug her back. She squeezes me in a deathly grip that could quite literally suffocate me. And when she finally pulls away from me, her eyes are glossy and she's got the biggest grin on her face.

"Are you mad?" I ask her. Her face isn't, but you never know. I guess it was a stupid question.

"No I'm not mad!" She exclaims. She's almost offended that I would even think that. Her grin only grows though.

"I thought you'd be mad" I shrug. "That's the only reason I didn't tell you. It happened so fast"

"I'm not mad" she tells me. "Just proud"

"How did you know we were dating though?" I ask.

"Oh have you seen the way he looks at you?" Mum says. She also seems more in love with our relationship than we are right now. "The way he watches you when you talk, how could I not know? He looks genuinely in love with you, so interested and invested in you. Honestly Lou, it's obvious. Your smile when your with him is different to when you're with Zayn. Your face lights up more than ever! You're so relaxed with him too. Your relationship with Zayn was automatic, but you haven't even let Liam into your life fully. If you didn't feel more towards him then I would've been surprised. Its not like you. Even you look like you might be in love. This has never happened before."

My smile reforms on my face as she talks about Harry. I didn't know it was so obvious, but I'm not mad it is. I love to hear about how she sees our relationship before I even knew she knew. I have to bite my lip to stop myself from grinning and I look to the door where Harry was. When I look back at my mum she's smiling at me still, but in a different way. She genuinely looks happy and proud of me. My mum, Zayn, and now Harry are the only people that I feel slightly comfortable with being "proud of me" for doing normal things. Even Zayn and Harry make me a little uncomfortable being proud of me. But not my mum, she's the only person I want to make proud and seeing her smile at me this way only causes my smile to grow.

"As long as you're happy I'm happy" My mum speaks after a while.

"I am happy" I nod.

"Good" She smiles at me then leans in for another hug. When she lets go of me she says, "I think someone's waiting for you out there" and points to the door.

"Thanks mum" I say as I stand up after kissing her forehead. "Love you"

"Love you too boobear" Mum says as I leave the room. I scowl at her for using the nickname before I exit the room to find Harry exactly where he said he'd be. He's sat on the bottom step waiting and when I assume when he heard me coming he looked up.

"Ready for bed?" I ask as Harry stands up. Harry nods starts up the stairs. "I'm not ready yet, so you get into bed and I'll come after"

When we get to the too of the stairs, I go one way to the bathroom and Harry goes the other, towards my bedroom. I hear him jump on my bed and prepare myself for it to break, luckily it doesn't. That thing is so broken already. Once I'm ready, I head back to my room and take off my top and jeans, then climb into bed with Harry.

"Thanks for telling her" Harry says once I'm comfortable.

"Technically you told her" I laugh.

"Sorry about that" Harry chuckles. "You weren't fast enough, were you?"

"I was getting there. She already knew anyway" I tell him.

"What? How?" Harry makes a thoughtful face, clearly trying to think about when we gave it away.

"Your stupid face gave it away." I say poking his cheek. "Remember when you told me that Niall knew you had a little crush on me because of your so called heart eyes?"

"Yeah" Harry nods.

"My mum saw them too" I say. "It's your fault people find out before we tell them. You're just so in love with me"

"Guess I am" Harry shrugs and wraps his arms around me as he prepares to fall asleep by resting his head on my chest. He goes quiet for a while and I watch him, stroking his hair gently.

"Goodnight love" I whisper, kissing his forehead. I'm not sure if he's still aware or awake enough to respond, so I don't expect anything.

"Night night" Harry mumbles. Then he adds "Boobear."

"Oh my god" I groan. Harry just laughs, eyes still closed, and cuddles closer into my side. Then we fall asleep.

---

Hi

This is crap.

But I wrote it so I'm posting it.

Thanks, ily