25

Louis' POV:

For the rest of the day, the three of us watch a few films and eat lots of food. Harry and I don't really cuddle up so Niall can actually enjoy spending time with us, and we don't really celebrate Christmas.

While we're watching elf, my mum calls, so I get up to answer the phone. Harry tries to come with me but I tell him to stay there. He reluctantly agrees and flops back down next to Niall.

"Hi mum" I say cheerily after I press the answer button. "Merry Christmas"

"Merry Christmas boobear" mum says back to me. I can hear the smile in her voice and it makes me smile too. "The girls miss you lots. We wish you would've come home."

"I'm sorry I'm not there. I'll be home soon" I assure her. "Once I agreed to come, only then I found out I wouldn't come home for Christmas. I really am sorry"

"Its ok." My mum sighs. She doesn't know Harry and I are dating yet. She's seen the rumours and asks about it, but I want to tell her in person. Or maybe not tell her at all. I know I should and both she and harry will be upset when they know I didn't tell her for months, but I haven't seen her in ages and I'm sure she'll understand. "I don't understand why going on tour felt like something you had to do though"

"Zayn and I had a little argument. Harry and Niall came back and offered for me to go on tour to give them space and some alone time, which they rarely get. I've explained this already" I chuckle slightly as I retell my lie. "How is everyone at home?"

"Good. Good, yeah. A little bored" mum tells me. "We've been up since the crack of dawn, opening presents. Poor daisy thought you'd be under the tree"

"Oh no, I'm so sorry" I frown as I think about why I maybe shouldn't have come.

"No, it's fine Lou. We just miss you, that's all" She assures me. "Have you done anything today?"

"Not really. We're not really celebrating. Just watching movies" i tell her.

"You're not bored are you?" Mum asks.

"No, no. Its been quite nice to be fair. First day off since I've been here" i say.

"Thats good then. Do you know when you're coming home next?" She asks.

"I think another month or two, then we come home. Then go back on tour for two or three months and I'm back in london for good" I explain.

"Have you uh- well actually, I spoke to Zayn a couple of days ago." My mum tells me.

"Yeah, he mentioned that." I nod, even though i know she can't see me.

"You spoke to him too then?" She asks.

"No, uh- he messaged me after I fell asleep last night. Just talking about why everything is off between us. But he mentioned seeing you and you telling him you miss me" I chuckle a bit, hearing the words come out of my mouth.

"Are you guys still friends?" She asks me. Her tone has changed and she sounds really serious. I go to speak, but I hear the door handle turn. When I turn towards the noise, Harry is stood in the doorway. He gives an apologetic look, but it makes a feeling of relief wash over me. "Louis?"