10

Louis' POV:

Once Harry's got me home, he takes me inside and to my bed. It amazes me how well he handles me like this and I love how easily he makes me relax. No one else can do that to me and it makes me feel safe around him. He stays in my room for a little while just until I'm talking again.

Zayn seems a little off seeing me cuddled into Harry like that. He's usually the one I call out for when I'm panicking, so I guess it hurts him a little when there's someone else. Its not his fault, I just really wanted Harry at the time. He doesn't even come to check on me like he usually would so I figure that he isn't feeling great about the whole thing.

Niall and Harry have left as they didn't want to over stay their welcome, and this gives me a chance to speak to Zayn. So, i go to his and Liam's room and knock on the door.

"Zayn, it's me, Louis" i mumble, hoping he's not mad at me for anything. He tells me I can come in so I hesitantly open the door and step into the room. I find him sat on his bed, on his phone. He doesn't look up at me.

"You ok?" He asks still not making eye contact.

"Yeah, I came to um- see if you were mad at me?" I say quietly. This causes him to look up at me and put his head to the side in confusion.

"Why would I be mad at you Lou?" Zayn asks. He gives me a small smile to show that he's not and motions for me to come and sit down next to him, so i do.

"I just thought you looked upset when I was with Harry. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by not going to you" i frown and look down at my hands, fiddling with a loose string on my t shirt.

"Of course I'm not mad" Zayn laughs lightly. "Yeah it hurts a little because you've always been so dependent on me so I guess i didn't necessarily enjoy seeing you go to him when you got scared. But I'm happy that you've got someone else now. I might not always be there to comfort you so it's a good thing that you feel you can go to Harry for comfort too. Don't worry"

"Are you sure?" I ask, lifting my head and looking him in the eye. He nods and puts his arm around me.

"I'm sure" Zayn tells me. Then he adds "if it makes you feel any better, i was a bit scared earlier too so couldn't have been of much help to you"

"Im sorry" I frown but he just laughs it off and tells me not to worry.

When I get back to my room, Harry's messaged me:

Harry: how about we have a date tomorrow? my place x

Of course, I'd love that

Harry: ok, I'll see you then, 7?

Whatever time works

Harry: 7 it is then :)

:)

---

For the rest of that evening, Zayn, Liam and i hang out in the living room. We don't do much, just chatting and messing around together. Liam's so much fun when you let him get comfortable and less strict.We play fight multiple times during the evening and Zayn just watches us and laughs.

I was feeling guilty for making Zayn upset still earlier but Zayn told me he'd actually get mad if I carried on apologising, so I've got over it now.