33

Harry's POV:

Over the last few weeks, Simon, Louis and I have been planning how we're going to come out.
Originally I wanted to just bring him out on stage, but of course that would be dumb, wouldn't it?

Louis and I were both surprised Simon even said yes in the first place. I managed to convince him with how supportive my fans would be (and a little money). He agreed with conditions, but both Louis and I were willing to accept it all.

Louis' become quite at ease when it comes to talking to Simon. Well, I mean as comfortable as you can be with him, really. And I think we're both quite looking forward to this now.

Last night, I hinted at me not being straight in a very very subtle way. I've been trying multiple times, but no one's really caught on until now.
They've only realised because there was a sign being held up at the show that said something about me being gay. It was on the big screen, so I obviously looked at it. It then gave me the perfect opportunity to give them a little look and a shrug after.

Twitter then blew up.

They have no idea what's coming. 

---
N

ow we have a week off of tour so it'd the perfect time to do this.

The plan is for me to tweet at 2pm, English time, and properly come out. Then there will be a second tweet mentioning Louis and I can finally follow him back on all social media platforms.

Right now, the five of us are waiting in a hotel room. Simon decided he wouldn't be there because this is my thing. I'm glad he chose not to because it feels much more freeing without his presence.

"Lou you look like you're gonna be sick" Niall cackles as he sees Louis' nervous face.

"I might be" Louis says, attempting a smile. Zayn, Liam and Niall then continue playing the game they've been playing for months now, giving me and Louis a chance to chat.

"Hey, no matter how bad things get after this, I won't leave you. You'll always have me" I tell him as I shuffle over the bed to be next to him.
He nods and bites down on his lip. "You know I wish I could make all the pain go away by just being here, don't you?"

Louis nods.

"I love you" I tell him.

"Love you too" Louis mumbles.

"It's almost time" Liam says, putting his phone down.

I check the time: 1:57pm. Then I look over to Louis.

"You sure you want to do this?" I ask him.

"Yeah." Louis nods. He sits up and laces our fingers together. "I'm ready."

I begin to type the first tweet. I didn't prepare anything so that it could all be in the moment.

"One minute" Zayn tells me.

I feel butterflies exploding in my tummy as I grip Louis' hand tighter.

"Now" Niall says.

I hit post.

Harry_Styles: I'm here to address the rumors: I am in fact a part of the LGBTQ+ community. Love is love - and I hope you respect that. All of my love, H. X 🏳️‍🌈💙

"Done" I look up from my phone and grin at the others. Each of their phones ding with the notification of my tweet. After they've all seen and approved it, I turn to Louis. "Now you?"

He nods. "Do it before i change my mind" he tells me, gripping onto my arm and watching as I begin to type.

Harry_Styles: This is not only about me, but also the most important person in my life.
@ Louis_Tomlinson I love you the most. Thanks for sticking with me through all of this 💙💚

"Is that good or too gross?" I ask him.

"Just do it, i don't care. They won't care as long as you tell them." Louis says, pressing the post button quickly. He then buries his head into my side. I squeeze him close to me and kiss his head.

"So proud of you" I whisper into his hair.

---

Three days later, and Louis and I are going out in public together for the first time since the tweet.
We're currently waiting behind some doors before Louis' ready to face everyone. This is the best way to do it in order for it to be less crazy next time we're seen together. This way it'll be the usual madness instead.

People know I'm here, so a crowd has gathered outside. Everything is on Louis' terms and when he says, the doors are going to open and we'll be face to face with cameras and a whole group of people.

"Are you ready?" I ask him. He's cuddled up to me, obviously really nervous. I feel him shrug and kiss his head. "We've got as long as you need."

"Let's just do it" he says, pushing himself out of my arms and grabbing my hand determinedly. I see his tear stained cheeks and tooth marks in his lip.

"If you're not ready we don't have to do it" I tell him.

"It's gonna be fine" Louis tells me. He sounds more like he's trying to convince himself than me, but i nod in agreement.

"Ok" I say, looking up at Simon who's come to be here for this. "We're ready."

The security guards go to open up the door, and Paul gives me an encouraging smile. I look down at Louis who's very clearly shaking and potentially not ready for this next chapter of our lives.

"Just hold my hand." I tell him. "Hold my hand and don't let go, I've got you"

He grips my hand tighter and nods. Then with that, the door swings open and the screams start.

---

And just like that, we were officially free, free to be exactly who we wanted to be.

The End

---

that's it besties!
not the ending i imagined, nor the ending you wanted. but here it is.
thank you so much for the support over the last six months or so.
you're the only reason I've continued this.

I'm not particularly proud of it, but if I didn't finish it now, i don't think i ever would due to lack of motivation and...well life. but in conclusion, this is another shit price of work.

I've been working on another book in the background that will be out soon enough. make sure you follow me so you know ;)

again, thank you.

I LOVE YOU!

that's all :)