27

Happy one year of heart break weather :p

(i started writing this a few days ago btw)

---

Louis' POV:

Zayn and I are sat in our living room alone. Harry made me stay, and I'm sure Liam's the reason Zayn is still here. I don't think either of us are mad, we just feel uncomfortable.
I

make eye contact with him and try to smile. He does the same, but he looks like he's got tears in his eyes.

Harry pops his head round the door after a while. It looks like he's trying to be subtle and see what's going on, but he's not.

"Haz, I can see you" I say, laughing awkwardly because I don't know what else to do. Harry blushes a little.

"Yeah, Liam asked me to check on you." Harry rushes to say.

"Ok." I say. "Are you staying?"

"No." Harry says. Then he goes to leave, and Zayn looks away from him. Then he mouths 'talk to him' at me and shuts the door behind him.

We stay silent for the next few minutes, making accidental eye contact every now and then. I can feel his eyes on my occasionally, but I try my best to ignore it and hope that one of the others will come back in here soon. Of course they won't until we've made up, but I'm not sure how to do that. It's been so long, I don't even know how to talk to him normally. I'm not even mad at him, I'm pretty sure he's mad at me though.

"You don't hate me, do you?" Zayn mumbles, after I look away from another moment of eye contact. I look straight back at him and frown.

"No, why would I hate you?" I ask. It feels weird to speak, but I know I can't sit here silently no matter how bad I want to.

"Because I got mad at you originally and we haven't talked much because of me" Zayn shrugs.

"Its not your fault. We made up over that part. If anyone should hate anyone, it should be you hating me" I tell him.

"Why would I hate you?" Zayn asks.

"I never responded to your message on my birthday. I was the one that didn't tell you I was leaving for three months" I explain.

"I deserved that. I shouldn't have even thought about stopping you." Zayn says. "That's why I thought you'd hate me. Because I was the reason you almost broke up with Harry for good. I also didn't message you until after you were asleep on your birthday."

"That doesn't mean I hate you" I tell him. "It just made me worry you hated me even more if I'm honest"

"I didn't mean to do that" Zayn says. He still looks really tense, but at least he's smiling a little.

"Its all good, don't worry" I tell him. "I didn't mean to ignore you, or make you think I hate you either"

"No, it's ok" Zayn smiles a little more. "So you don't hate me and I don't hate you?"

"Yeah, that's right" I nod.

"Cool." Zayn laughs, and visibly relaxes. We both do.

It almost feels like a weight has been lifted, the air has cleared and everything is back to normal, the way we're smiling at each other. As if it was never different."You should've taken me with you bro" Zayn tells me.

"That would have been so much better" I chuckle. "I mean, I enjoy being there, but when Harry goes on stage it's horrible. Rick is so mean too"

"Yeah, Niall said." Zayn says.

"You want to come with us for the last few months?" I ask him. Half joking, half not.

"Hell yeah" Zayn nods eagerly. "The people at my job don't like me anyway I don't think. Liam's boss will take him back though, he absolutely adores him"

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah, they treat him so well"

"No, I mean: you'll really come?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah of course" Zayn nods again.

"Ok, I'll ask Harry later" I grin at him and stand up to go to the kitchen.

"Wait a sec Lou" Zayn says. I turn around and he engulfs me in a hug. I grin and breathe in his familiar scent, squeezing him tight. "I missed you"

"Missed you too" I say quietly. "You should've texted" I tease.

"Shut up, you're such a dick" Zayn rolls his eyes and shoves me off of him. "Get in there"

I laugh loudly and scurry into the kitchen before Zayn can hit me.

In the kitchen, Harry, Niall and Liam are all doing their bit to finish preparing what looks like burgers. Harry turns around when he hears us come in and examines our faces before he says something wrong.

"Hi" I grin at him and sit at the table, not wanting to help with the food. (More like ruin it).

"You guys ok now then?" Niall asks. Zayn comes in as he asks.

"Yeah, nothing was ever genuinely wrong. We were just being dumb" Zayn says.

"We know" Liam says quietly, pretending he doesn't want us to hear.

"You can shut up Li" Zayn tells him, but with a slight smile still present on his face. Harry then comes and sits down next to me. Zayn sits opposite. "Louis has something he wants to ask you, Harry"

"What is it?" Harry asks, looking at me expectantly.

"Oh, right. I didn't know we were doing this now" I say glaring at Zayn slightly. "Um, we were wondering if Liam and Zayn could come with us for the re-."

"Yes please" Niall says very very loudly, cutting me off.

"I mean, as long as you both really want to" Harry nods with a smile.

"Yeah, it's kind of up to Liam." Zayn says, turning to Liam with a hopeful look.

Liam and Niall bring over the food and sit down. All four of us look at Liam waiting for an answer.

"You want an answer now?" Liam asks. Zayn nods. "I'll talk to my boss and then get back to you"

"But if he says he'd have you back after you'd say yes, right?" Niall asks.

"Yeah, sure" Liam nods.

---

Short one because I kind of want to move on but yeah :)