32

Louis' POV:

After the interview yesterday, we got on a flight back to Europe. Niall, Liam and Zayn are all a bit over-excited and hyper currently, and I'm glad they're all happy, but it's very tiring watching them laugh about the smallest things and play stupid games when I know Harry's upset.

He's been upset since the interview. Nick made some comments about our relationship once it ended and I think it made him realise what he really wants, but also made us both realise how hard it's going to be to get that. We haven't discussed anything, but I can tell it's taken quite the toll on both of us.

Right now, Niall, Liam and Zayn are on the sofa opposite Harry and I. They've downloaded some kind of game onto their phones and are being loud as they play it. Harry is cuddled into my side as I play with his curls and we watch them. Neither of us wanted to join in, so we just get to watch as they have fun.

---

Later, Harry and I are squished up in the same bunk, ready to go to sleep. We ended up going to bed early so we would stop ruining the other boys' fun. I can tell neither of us are sleeping though, and it's almost awkward between us.

"Louis" Harry mumbles from where he's positioned.

"Yeah?" I look down so I can look at his face. Harry doesn't say anything for a moment. He looks like he's deciding what he wants to say.

"I want to talk to Simon about coming out" He finally tells me. I nod but don't reply. I'm not sure what I want to do yet.

"You already did a few weeks ago though, didn't you?" I ask after a moment of silence between us.

"Yeah, but it could be different this time." Harry says.

"I don't know Haz." I sigh.

"What do you mean?" Harry asks.

"I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet" I tell him. "I'm not ready to have all that attention, I haven't even got past freezing up around new people yet."

"But I'd be there with you all of the time" Harry explains. "I'd keep you safe, you'll be able to be with me when I'm in public if everyone knows, so it would be better for both of us"

"But people would know who I am" I say. "I don't want that"

"They won't necessarily. They'll know you as my boyfriend" Harry shrugs.

"And that's better?" I ask.

"It depends." Harry says. "Look, if you're not ready we won't do it, but I kind of already talked to Simon"

"You did?" I ask.

"Yeah" Harry admits.

"And what did he say?"

"He's still deciding and working out how it would be best to do it" Harry tells me.

"He's going to say no though, right?" I say.

"It's possible" Harry nods. "Do you really not want to?"

"I don't know Harry. You shouldn't have talked to him already. It's not just your life this affects" I sigh. Harry goes quiet and frowns.

"I thought you'd actually want to do this so we could be free" Harry sighs.

"Why would you think that?" I ask.

"Because it made us both pretty upset yesterday, I assumed you were ready" Harry says.

"I was sad because you were sad. Not because I want the whole fucking world to know I'm dating you" I say. I don't know why I'm so mad at the moment. Maybe I'm a little more scared than I am mad.