Chapter Fourteen

It seems as if forever goes by, my body and mind in a buzzing numbness before the world starts to slowly fade back in. My sense of smell and hearing are the first to come back. I can smell my aunt, the Alpha, and Beta Isaac near me. I can hear them talking as well. My aunt whispers soothing words while the Alpha tries to figure out what is going on. Beta Isaac is just muttering to himself about how he isn't sure how he can help.

Next, after I force my eyes to open, I can see. My aunt is on the ground beside me while Alpha and Beta Isaac stand in front of me, well both men are crouching rather than standing. Then comes back my sense of feeling. I can feel my aunt's arms wrapped around me in a soothing, motherly way. I can feel the exhaustion in my entire being and I'm sure my wolf can as well.

"There you go," I hear Aunt Ruby whisper while moving my hair from my face. "You'll feel better soon." I let my head rest on her shoulder listening to her ramble. "Jasmine will own up to her mistakes, even if I must take on the council by myself. She's stripped you of your heritage."

"I wasn't aware being a warrior's daughter came with heritage like an alpha," I weakly say. Shock crosses her face before she smiles at me.

"Did you just make a joke?" She asks with laughter in her voice.

"It's something I'm capable of every once and awhile. I know it's very shell shocking isn't it?"

She just squeezes me tighter against her, smoothing my hair down. "She'll own up to it," she adds once again in a whisper. Something in her voice sounded off, like she had a plan she isn't sure how it'll work out. "Beta Isaac, will you take Reagan home so that she may rest. I wish to speak to the alpha."

"If the alpha is okay with that," Beta Isaac says. I look over to Alpha Archer who has the familial gaze. He seems worlds away with a weight on his shoulders. It's one he has often, especially if it pertains to our situation.

"I can't have them walking by themselves, Ruby."

"Archer, it'll be okay. You have my word that they'll make it back to your home," my aunt comforts.

I watch the Alpha look between us obviously conflicted. "I'm not supposed to be letting her roam freely. This morning was different, my Beta was present." He pauses, getting a distant look on his face before nodding his head. "He'll meet you on the way there."

Beta Isaac smiles at my aunt before leading me away. Despite the drained feeling in my body I follow him knowing Aunt Ruby has important things to discuss with the Alpha. Once we are a good distance away does Beta Isaac speak again. "I feel kinda weird for saying this, but you look a lot like your aunt."

"Why would that be weird?" I mutter paying attention to the pathway. It's something I get told a lot, that I look like my aunt.

He lets out a soft puff of air while shrugging. "I figured you could've picked up on it by now, I find you rather attractive reagan which brings the thought. Would I have been attracted to Ruby if I were her age? I don't think Alex would like this realization either."

I stop walking to look at the Beta smiling. He nudges my shoulder. "Could've at least smiled."

"I'm too tired to smile."

"Well you're going to have to save my ass once your uncle finds out I kissed you. You're kinda his favorite niece," he adds, putting an arm around my shoulders.

"I don't think-"

"Oh trust me, you are. They've been trying to find loops into getting you to their pack without your parents permission. Hell, Alex had even started befriending Archer to see if that would help. That kinda stopped after your pack was attacked and put on lockdown." Once again his informality with my alpha irritates me. His lack of respect towards those of higher rank could become a problem for him one day.