Chapter Seventeen

Weaving through the woods as fast as my body will take me feels natural. The sounds of paws pounding behind me only gives me the courage to keep going. I veer off course heading towards the boarder. By the time I get there I am able to cut him off.

  He skids to a stop before we start circling one another. He pauses looking to the side before pouncing at the new arrivals, at my alpha. I jump as well knocking him down. We roll around snapping at one another. He's able to sling me away from him but I turn running back at him. At the last minute I shift back into my human form sliding under him before shifting back into my wolf and grabbing onto his tail and breaking it. I yank him back. He turns around biting onto my shoulder.

  I let go of his tail using what force I can and shove him off me. This time he charges at me. We clash together both going for the others necks. My wolf pushes herself forward taking complete control. We twist around him before pinning him to the ground and sinking our teeth in his neck. A warning for the moment. Looking up we lock eyes with Archer.

"By order of council for your crimes against your family and this pack, you are sentenced to die," Archer says stepping forward. "Reagan, do it."

  I jerk my head, snapping his neck, and then dropping his heavy body. I shake out my fur, my wolf still heavily present. Shell slowly approaches me with a robe in her hands. Once she's near I shift back slipping on the robe and letting her help me stand. His body slowly shifts back to human but I don't bother to look at it.

"We will stay for your celebration of the full moon," Emily announces before the council slowly leaves through the woods.

  I walk over to Archer, my wolf wanting to show respect so I go to fall on my knees but he catches me arm and pulls me back up. "Please stop doing that," he groans. Scanning around I notice it's just us and Shell. "Everyone is waiting at my house."

  The three of us walk side by side the way there. Outside on the porch is Declan and my other siblings. They all stand up when the see us approach them. None move towards me as I stop at the bottom of the stairs. "We're so sorry," Piper suddenly cries out falling to her knees. "We were so scared. We couldn't do anything without it hurting you. We are so sorry."

    I hurry up the stairs kneeling beside her and wrapping my arms around her. Her body shakes in sobs as our other siblings join us and wrapping us in their arms. "I understand," I whisper smoothing her hair down. "It was never your fault. It was never any of your faults."

"At least you don't have to say you're biologically related to the asshole," Jason jokes. Declan hits the back of his head.

"You did kill him, right?" Chase whispers. I wipe at my eyes before nod my head.

"Archer gave me an order and to disobey one's alpha is to fail."

  They know instantly I'm using Irwin's own words. Never ever disobey the Alpha or anyone in higher rank than you. To disobey is to fail, to fail is to be punished. The boys all give me another hug individually before heading back into the house. Piper and I stand on the porch, her hands wrapped around mine, her eyes red.

"I know now isn't the time but I wish to ask you a question," she says holding tightly onto my hand.

"Yes?"

"Tim and I," she starts before searching into my eyes, "we wish to be mates. Have been for a few years but I wanted to wait until the hurt of Wen was gone from you. I didn't wish to give you more pain. I want your blessing, no one else's matters to me."

  I feel my eyes water as I look into my sisters eyes. "You pushed off getting a mate to spare my feeling?"

"I don't regret it. I didn't want to give them something else to mock you with. I don't want a bond that beautiful to be used as a tool for your misfortune."