Chapter Eighteen

The wind blows harshly making the trees sway and the breeze chilly. My feet feel the damp decaying leaves as I walk along the path to the pack house. Why is no one out? Why is there no lights on?

"Reagan!"

I turn around hearing the familiar voice. A voice I haven't heard in a long time. "Wen?" I call out. "Wen where are you?"

  I turn again only to have a body smash into mine and hold me tightly. The familiar scent seems to ease me. He pulls me to arms length looking me over. "Have you seen Ghost?" Wen asks looking around us. "I lost him in the woods."

"What? When did Archer let him out?"

   Wen looks back to me with a frown on his face. "Reagan he's been out for weeks," Wen answers only to hold tighter on my arms, "You dont remember about Archer?"

My stomach drops and it seems as if my mouth dries out. "What?"

"He's missing. Look we don't have time for this today. We need to find Ghost so that way you can do the locator spell."

"I don't know how to do-"

"It is not the time to fall back into your self doubt. I need you to find Archer! We need to find Ghost!" He shouts.

I take a step back from him still trying to put things together. I can't recall anything about Archer missing. I also don't remember the leaves being this far into their color change. What is going on?

"Wen," Ghost says coming from the woods. "We have to go now. Vanya can't make it in time. We got to do this no-"

Before he even gets to finish the sentence his body seems to lock up before he crumples to the ground. Behind him stands a dark hooded figure holding a heart in their hand. "Ghost!" I scream as I go to help him but Wen holds me back only to me to drive my elbow into his stomach. I get on my knees grabbing onto Ghost and pulling him in my lap.

"I have to help him! Wen do something help him!"

Wen grabs my head between his hands, his own paled face lined with mine. "You have to wake up."

"What? We have to help him!"

"Wake up!"

"Reagan wake up!"

"We have to help him, we have to save him! We have to save Ghost!" I scream trying to scramble out of the persons arms.

"You're safe, you're awake-"

"Wen we have to save him!"

I go to move only to hit the ground. Cold hardwood floors seem to shock me as the light turns on. Archer stands in the door with Ghost standing behind him. I look back to the bed to see a bleeding Vic and Issac . Looking around I find I'm still in Archers room. Not even a window open but when I look at my feet the are dirty. Turning my hands I find them covered in blood.

I look back over to Archer and Ghost then back to my hands. "But I saw you die," I whisper going back to my hands. "This is your blood. I-I saw-" I stop while pushing myself against the wall. I pull my knees to my chest still feeling sick.

"Reagan," Vic calls out while getting off the bed, "it's okay. We're okay," he says before motioning to Ghost. He walks around Archer before slowly approaching me with Vic by his side. Vic nudges him.

"I'm alive Reag," he softly says as he squats in front of me. I shoot forward pulling his shirt over his head and feeling over his back and chest. "I'm okay."