Chapter Twenty~Six

The third day after the incident with the alphas I find it official that Archer is avoiding me. Whenever we are at home, he's outside or if I'm outside he's inside. Then he if they are at the office, he has me busy doing outrageous tasks like dusting the blinds or washing the vent covers with a toothbrush.

Now here I sit perched on the balcony to his office swinging my legs while eating ice cream with Vic. "So, is it just me or is he being bit of an ass?" Vic asks

"Who?"

"You know, my brother, the one you've been staring at as he does push ups? The guy who lives in your house rent free. The guy who you died for?"

I scoff looking away from Archer and to the cone in my hands. "He doesn't pay rent because a, I work for him and b, he's trying to make sure I don't turn into a vicious blood crazy beast."

"Oh come on, you seriously still believe that? It's been months!" Vic nudges my shoulder.

His blue eyes searching mine as if he could find all the answers he needs. "What?"

"I could just-" he cuts himself off my grabbing my shoulders and shaking.

I let out a startled yelp, releasing the cone in my hand. We both pause looking down to find the gamma wiping it off his shoulder while staring up at us. We share a look before bursting out laughing. A few minutes later we are sobering up, still leaning on one another, trying out best to keep our balance.

"But seriously Reagan, what happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"Who shoved the stick in his ass?"

"I don't know," I groan turning to get off the railing. He follows me back inside the office.

"Don't lie. The other night, I felt you and ever since then he's been acting weird. What happened?"

I shrug my shoulders looking for a lie. I know I can't say hey I went to your brothers secret cult and they forced me to jump off a cliff. "I don't know. He's been avoiding me."

He follows after me as I weave through the halls. "Is he avoiding you or are you avoiding him?"

"He's avoiding me."

He doesn't say anything else once we get outside. Archer is already waiting for me. "Time for dinner. Mom wants to talk to you Victor."

"What happened now?"

"Did you clean your room?" Vic mocks him in a high pitched voice walking off. "Do you ever argue like that with your siblings?"

"Seeing that talking to them would result in getting backhanded I never got the chance."

Archer stares at me for just a moment before walking off. I jog after him, irritated at his fast pace. Instead of voicing it I try to keep up. When we get to the house there is food already prepared in the kitchen. He grabs one of the plates before heading out the back door. I stand by the kitchen island eagerly eating dinner.

For the past three days I've been trying to come up with a reason for his behavior. The only conclusion I can come up with is me being disrespectful towards the other alphas. Especially towards Rend. Maybe it's okay for the other alphas to fight with one another, they are one equal grounds. I'm just a runt. Maybe he feels as if I have embarrassed him. I wouldn't put it past that, I am an embarrassment.

I set the plate in the sink coming to the conclusion I need to apologize. I find him in the green house sitting at the table he made for me. He looks up from his phone, quickly setting it face down on the table. "Yes?"