Chapter Twenty

"This is the exact reason I tell you not to try magic without me. There are consequences to expelling that much magic from your body that quickly. You're lucky it's just your vision this time!" David shouts. I can imagine his silver eyes burning with fury.

"What did you expect me to do? I had to protect the packs!" I cry out. Archer turns my body to the left probably so I'm facing David.

"Can you or can you not fix this?" Archer asks.

  David scoffs before there's some shuffling. He presses what I assume is a bottle to my lips ordering me to drink. It's bitter but yet spicy at the same time. "You're lucky you didn't go into a coma."

"You said I could-"

"I said you could do it not that you should. Everything has magic in it including your wolf, draining her will drain you causing your body to start shutting parts down until you absorb enough magic to strengthen your wolf again," David explains. The thought brings back my previous encounter will falling in a coma. I was out for awhile, perhaps it could have been quicker with the help of Archers blood. Not only wolf blood but alpha blood that contains more magic than normal.

Appearantly Archer comes to to same conclusions as I do because before I can ask he starts speaking. "So the last time when she was in a coma, that was her body absorbing more magic to heal itself? Could she had possibly taken magic from a vampire like she did today to force herself to shift into her wolf?"

"Yes."

I turn my head behind be finally being able to make out blobs of shapes and blurs of colors. I look back forward barely able to make out David who I think is now sitting. It's like looking though a non focused lens."I cannot stress it enough Reagan, you should not be using your magic without the supervision of another witch. Being a halfblood with a werewolf has its perks as does its drawbacks," David stresses once again.

Ever since Archer carried me into the infirmary and David arrived it's been nothing but being scolded. "I had to protect the packs."

"Reagan," Archer softly says setting his hand back on my shoulder. I shrug it away stepping back from the both of them.

"It goes against my nature to not protect the pack. You can tell me that my life is worth more all you want but it's not going to change eighteen years worth of beliefs."

I then start rubbing at my eyes as they start to water an unholy amount. "I see the potion is kicking in," David comments striding over and grabbing my chin forcing me to look at his face. Things start to go in and out of focus but at some points I can make out his freckles and red hair. "No more magic today."

"This was the first time I've actually was able to do magic willingly and knowingly," I grumble.

"Which in itself is very impressive. Of course my daughter would be a powerful witch but even the most powerful witches need rest and recharging. The full moon tomorrow will be a good recharge for your wolf," he adds brushing my hair from my face. I blink a couple more times until my vision finally settles. "As her alpha I expect you to make sure she stays in line."

Him and Archer seem to have a small stare off until David leaves, closing Archers office door. "Now that you've regained your sight I believe there's someone else I must deal with."

I grab his arm pulling him to a stop. "Don't be hard on Isaac. I engaged with the vampires without giving him any indication of my intentions. I acted-"

"As an alpha," he cuts me off narrowing his eyes, "or correct term would be Luna. You're brainwashing from your mother and her husband coupled with your apparent natural Luna instincts drives you to want to protect the pack at any costs. Not many have that overwhelming instinct anymore."